Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

For the record, raw weed

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by weedfuckhead, Sep 12, 2010.

1. CAN or CANNOT get you high if eaten.

I just ate about a gram, not cooked or anything. I had to get rid of my stash.

Am I atleast gonna get high?

2. No. Simple as that, why is it that you just had to eat it? Could've dropped it in your boxers or something

3. i have hardcore kung-fu life style ninja friends (no rly!) and they swear by putting bud on their salads...

4. It can get you high but you would need to eat a lot more than if you smoked it. There's also a good chance it would make you nauseous and won't get you as high as you think.

5. yeah, you're just gonna feel nauseous. no bueno! :eek:

6. I don't understand. First of all, I did feel a little euphoric buzz. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't stoned, and I didn't have the usual cloud in my head. But all in all, I did get some pleasant effects, though they weren't extremely pronounced.

But that doesn't matter. I'd like to know the science of this. Ideally, wouldn't weed get you higher when eaten raw because you would get all of the THC? I mean, think about it: when you smoke it, you don't get all the smoke, even if you use a bowl or pipe. I'd think that eating it would actually be more efficient.

Also, I've made cheap-ass firecrackers before; I simply put the broken-up bud on peanut butter on a cracker, poured vegetable oil on them (fat-soluble) and microwaved them for a bit and they got me high as hell.

So, can anyone tell me why this works the way it does?

7. Marijuana in it's raw state contains THCA which is an acid with a carboxylic group attached. In this state, the THC is not very active. When the carboxyl group is removed (decarboxylation), the THC becomes psychoactive. When you smoke weed, the hot air from the fire is drawn through the joint or pipe to the unburned material which causes the THCA to decarboxylize. When you made the firecrackers in the microwave, you heated the marijuana and caused it to decarboxylize and get absorbed by the fat in the oil and peanut butter which made it more effective than eating raw weed.

8. You'll get about 10% at most of the effect the exact same weed would have had it been treated properly for consumption, so yes you can get high but you're wasting most of it.

9. Ah, that makes sense. I knew that, but I didn't exactly believe it; I thought I remembered hearing that it was false somewhere, I'm not sure.

Anyway, what temperature does decarboxylation happen at?
    And what would be the most efficient way of ingesting cannabis for its psychoactive effects?

10. 220f