For the hawaii natives: what island to go to?

Discussion in 'General' started by highdayz, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Overall, what island offers low crime, beautiful scenery, great waves for surfing, somewhat decent economy.

I'm going to be flying to hawaii but i still don't know what island to visit. Which one would some of you natives recommend. Just for an overall good time? Plan on staying there for more than a couple months so, think long term.

Regards

HZ :)

2. I don't know about you but I fucking love surfing and if you are going before christmas, Oahu definetly is the place to be. All the best surfers in the world are in one place from now until Christmas and that is the North Shore. I would literally kill to be there right now. Maui is also a great island just more small town, but remember that hawaiian waves are very powerful and dangerous, only go out if you can handle it. Basically Oahu is the crowded island thats could be a little more ghetto with the most popular waves, Maui also has great quality waves, but imo is more dangerous considering how you have to scale some cliffs to get down to the surf spots on some places. Hawaii is truly paradise and you will have d=fun on any Island out there im sure.

3. You should go to Kauai. My family owns like 400 acres there. It's beautiful. Not too many tourists. Surf is pretty good. Prices are going to be similar wherever island you go to. But believe me, you'll have fun

4. Agreed, Kauai is amazing! I spent a week there and a week in Oahu, didn't really care for Oahu.

5. I spent some time in Maui and it was just awesome. We didnt go to the other islands sadly but I saw some very cool things in Maui....like an interesting festival called "The Green Harvest"

Interestingly I was there with my family. They had some pretty good hotdogs

6. It depends on what kind of things you like to do. Oahu does have THE BEST beaches for surf, you really just cant beat it. BUT, when I went I fell in love with Kauai. I would go on crazy hikes all through the forest's, paddle down rivers. It really was just an amazing experience. There was also damn good surf on Kauai and we did some snorkeling which was cool.