For people who've graduated high school

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazedGlory, Feb 17, 2010.

1. How many friends did you keep from highschool? I heard that once you head off to college/trades/etc most people don't even talk to their highschool friends.

2. I'm a rare case, but I'm still close friends with about 15 people I've known since 2nd grade.

3. My two best friends are the same two best friends I had in high school. Other than that, I've changed friends a lot...

I'm almost 4 years out of high school btw.

4. It takes serious effort to stay in contact. Especially if you go to different schools.
    I've got about 4 good friends that I see every week or so. But if you aren't that close with the person or you're more like casual buddies..prepare to lose contact.

It's sucky, but necessary for growing up.

5. I stay in contact with about 5 people from high school. When I got to college I realized that a lot of people I used to hang out with are total flakes.

6. I'm still good friends with a guy I went to school with. But I wasn't friends with him when I went to school there lol.
    Other than that I don't really talk to anyone from high school.

7. as soon as i finished highschool i got a completely new group of friends. and i lost contact with people from highschool for almost a year. now i dont hang out with that other group, and i chill with ~10 peeps from highschool.

8. a lot of people cuz im cool like that

9. I was always told the same thing. I'm still friends with at least 8 people from elementary school, and four or so from high school. I've pretty much had the same friends forever. I'm almost four years out of high school.

A lot of us have similar goals so i think that is why.

10. I don't really see anyone I went to school with anymore. The people I hung out with everyday when I was in school are the same people I hang out with now, but they didn't go to my school.

11. I always expected to lose contact with my friends after graduation but it's really been quite the opposite for me so far (Freshman in College). Next semester, pretty much all of my high school friends and I will be attending the same college and I'll be rooming with 3 of them. The only people that went away for college are switching back next semester and they are only a couple of hours away right now. With things like Facebook which keeps people in contact no matter where they are, its easy to stay in touch. I think as long as my friends stay in the same state as me, we won't be any different than we were in high school.

12. I barely talk to anyone, and I've just started university.

I still have my best friend at home here, and some other people I chill with.

I didn't have a huge array of people I consistently associated with in high school, so it didn't bother that badly.

13. Four years after graduating, I'd say it's true that I don't see 90% of the people I went to high school with. Luckily there are a few people that were in my class that still live in town and I hang out with to this day. It goes the same for people I knew that went to nearby schools or just weren't in my grade, I still see a lot of the old gang. It's not so bad with the advent of social networking online.

But when I go back to school it's gonna blow. Not many friends out there. :eek:

14. Been out of high school for 8 years now. I only talk to 2 people from my highschool days. It was pretty immediate too. I just didn't keep in touch with anybody but those 2 people after highschool cuz I didn't care to talk to the rest of them

15. If you're truly friends with your high school friends, you won't lose them.

I'm still friends with like the same 20 people I've been friends with since 6th grade. We chill all the time and Winter Break/Summer are just like parties all day because were all back from school.

In my opinion, going to college does not cause you to lose your previous friendships. In my case, it even strengthened them because we're all so amped to see each other when were all back for winter/summer break.

16. I have 5 friends that I stay in close contact with from high school. I have been graduated for a little over a year now.

17. I still talk to 3 of my high school friends...I only really see 2 of them though

I was the only one of my friends to not go to college so it kinda put me in a wierd position...worked out for the best though

18. i moved states after i graduated
    so now im sitting here in my college lunch area with no one to talk to but my GC friends
    i only text one good friend of mine everynow and then
    but yeah college suck with no friends

19. My roommate is actually a friend of mine from my highschool. We have an apartment now at my university. I've retained quite a few friends from highschool, but I only had a select few close friends when I graduated. A lot of them stayed in my hometown and my university is only like a couple hours away.

20. I still have my best friend from when I was 5 :p We have been friends for a total of almost 17 years now. My husband and I are still close to our group of friends from highschool too. Almost four years out of highschool and I don't see our group splitting up any time soon. We even have some in the group who are out of the country for the military and they come back every year for our annual anime con trip :p Like a previous poster said: If they are truly your friends then your frienships should last past graduation.