Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

For People Who Exclusively Smoke Weed (No Cigarettes)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bizzylizzy, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Have you ever experienced "orange hands"? I do not smoke cigarettes (5 years cigarette free) but I have been smoking bud for nearly 2 years for pain/muscle cramping associated with Multiple Sclerosis. Usually, I only smoke 1-2 times/day & I smoke every day. I live in a state where there is no medical marijuana. I am a nurse by trade but haven't worked since 2010 & am currently on disability but I keep my license active because one day I hope & pray that I'll be able to get back into the profession I love. Well, about 1.5 months ago, I had to go to the E.R. because of a bad reaction I had to an infusion I have to get for my MS & a nurse asked me if I smoke. Of course, I told her no. She said the reason why she asked was because she noticed both my hands were orangish/yellow; common with people who smoke. Of course I wasn't going to pipe up (yes, pun intended) & say, "Well I don't smoke cigarettes but I do smoke weed." My hands are still orangish colored, looks kind of like what what your fingers look like when you eat a bag of buttered popcorn. My question is, have any of you ever heard of this or happen to you? I have always used a pipe when I smoke if that makes a difference. I need to figure out if I need to either cut back or quit smoking altogether or make an appointment with my doctor. I'm don't want to go to the dr right now with this because I'm afraid if I go and admit that I've been smoking (whether it's the cause or not) and they document it & I lose my nursing license. I really need only responses or experiences from those that don't smoke cigarettes & only smoke weed. Thanks!

2. I smoke cigs and I still don't get orange hands. Never once heard of it from weed. Black hands are another story.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I do not have orange/ yellowy hands and I've never heard of that happening from weed before. Yellow skin is often a sign of kidney problems, but it sounds like the yellow tone is only on your hands so I'm not really sure what it could be.

4. No the person commenting obviously intended for smoking to be associated with tobacco and not marijuana. Everyone knows marijuana can't do shit on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Just tell them you eat your carrots

"Volcano everday, baby." - Darth Vapir

• Like Like x 3
  6. I remember my friend used to get yellowish fingers but he was smoking joints and not a pipe. I assume the yellowish colour was from the smoke/resin

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 ThreeFiftyZzz, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
    U shoulda just told them u ate cheetos earlier. Then asked them if they wanted to lick your fingers..

• Like Like x 5
  8. OP got high, ate doritos and forgot. 

case solved.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah idk how that would be possible if you're smoking with a pipe.

10. I pinch beeline with my thumb and index finger to put it out and it leaves an orange residue on only those fingers but never from just smoking

11. #11 Couch_King420, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    I don't smoke cigs and have been smoking weed 2 years and i use a variety of diffrent things and I smoke everyday and I have no orange/yellow tint on my fingers ever. I don't think weed can do that just saying

I Smoke weed 4/20-7 😎

12. This is a first time hearing anyone mention yellow/orange fingers from smoking weed.

I do know heavy cigarette smokers do indeed get yellowish fingers from where they hold the cigarettes but even then it's probably from the tar from the smoke that comes off the tip and filter of the cigarette.

13. Never heard of this before, and I only smoke weed and have never experienced it either.

14. I could see that being a thing if you only smoked joints all the time but you say that you use a pipe so idk what to tell you. I quit cigs years ago and the finger tint has long since disappeared.

15. Only you man