For my next grow...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by skully, Jul 5, 2003.

1. I was thinking I would use floro's,through out the vegging stage instead off my hps.I need to know a few things first however.my grow room is about 9 sqaure feet...im going to be purchasing 2 3 feet floro ballasts and they both hold 2 floros each so thats 4 floro lights altogether..
    so i need to know..

What kind of floro bulbs do i want?

How many females can i flower with a 250 watt hps?

I think thats it :)
    any help would be great.
    thanx
    skully

2. oh and as well..
    how many plants can you veg under this kinda of floro type?

3. thanx man...next grow should be alot more of a yeild then :)

4. so yeah..i still dont know what types of floro bulbs i should be using

5. I know where and what fixtures to get.
    i just dont know what kind of bulb...like cool whites or something else.

thanx though THC101 :)

6. you'll get aprox 27.000 lumens out of a 250W hps........and approx 3000 optimal per plant hence approx 9-10 plants max..........hope that helps you........Peace out.......Sid

7. Use 2 warm white fluoros for every 1 cool white. Get the highest lumen output as possible for a low price.

8. I disagree Pete.

I would say more cool white (2:1 going by your ratio) for veg as there is more blue spectrum in the cools.

Peace.

9. Mel Franks Marijuana growers guide states and I quote" use one Blue fluorescent, that is cool white standard to one or two Red fluorescent, that is Warm white standard. " You can find this link at http//:www.sky.org/data/grow/c5.html That is the setup I have been using. Actually I have 5 warm white and 3 cool white in my veggie chamber and I am quite impressed with the growth of my plants. They are very bushy and grow at least an inch or two a day in height. I use fluoros only for vegging and am quite happy with this setup. PEACE!!!!!!! Oh yeah you may have to go to page 2 and look under fluorescent tubes. Hope I was of some help!!!!

10. so 2 warm floros and 2 cool floros will be enough to veg like 10 plants?

thanx sidious...i was under the impression that 2-3 females can be flowered under a 250 watt hps.

11. Your veggie chamber is good. I would only try for 6 to 8 total pots though. You can put 2 or 3 seeds in each pot and grow them. When it comes time to flower you toss out the males and hopefully each pot still has at least 1 female left.250 HPS sounds like it would flower 2 or 3 plants nicely. But if I was you I'd go for shorter crops in quicker time. Veg. for a total of 6 wks, from seedling to flowering.Then flower for 6wks. You can get a harvested plant every 2 wks. Any help?

12. Pete/

I would dare not go against men of such repute!

Still, that's where I lay my hat.

SS

13. If you are happy with your results keep on doing what your doing man! That's what I say. Different strokes for different folks. PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. im always lookin for new ideas pothead pete...so your advice along with many others is always welcome.However i do want to flower more then 2 females next grow...right now i have 2 females 3 weeks into flowering.as for the next grow id like to have atleast 5-6 females..

anyway what do think about the 2 warm whites and the 2 cool whites?is this enough for 10 plants just to veg?

15. Give each plant 1 square foot to veg. That gets them nice and bushy,and thats what an indoor grower wants.Also keep your fluoros within 2 inches of your plants. You may have to raise the lights daily!!! Any help?

16. the ballasts for the floros are about 3 feet so the tubes are around that size....i hope these floros do as well of a job as my hps did thru vegging.