Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

for lupus?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Justandreamer, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Is anyone else in here, using medical marijuana for lupus? I have sle lupus and been diagnosed for over 3 years. but probably suffering from it almost all my life. and I am just now this year got my recommendation. and It is a big help. My joints are feeling so much better, and I dont get rashes all over nearly as much anymore.

2. Hi hon, I'm Granny- one of the local "know-it-alls". ;)

I collect MMJ studies and articles. There isn't too much on lupus.

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by Lisa Swiderski (anecdotal - no date)
    Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by Lisa Swiderski

Lupus by Randi Cox (anecdotal – no date)
    Lupus by Randi Cox

Cannabis May Suppress Immune System (news - 2003)
    Cannabis May Suppress Immune System

Systemic Lupus by Dawn (anecdotal - 2005) Erowid Experience Vaults: Cannabis - Systemic Lupus - 49481

Suppression of human macrophage interleukin-6 by a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid acid. (abst - 2008) Home - PubMed - NCBI

Plaquenil, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Marijuana (Cannabis) (news – 2010)
    Plaquenil, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus and Marijuana (Cannabis) | MCSocal

Wish there was more to give you. But there is one other study I think you need to read.

[FONT=&quot]Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD)[/FONT]

And hon, if you aren't already, start taking Omega 3! It is needed for the formation of healthy CB1 receptors.

[FONT=&quot]“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”[/FONT]
    http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/ebm/record/21278728/abstract/Nutritional_omega_3_deficiency_abolishes_endocannabinoid_mediated_neuronal_functions_

Or an article about it[FONT=&quot]-

[/FONT]Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news – 2011) [FONT=&quot]http://www.freedomisgreen.com/poor-diet-impairs-cannabinoid-receptors/[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now, those guys were just looking at the mental effects, but the physical effects are just as bad or worse. (Just believe me on that, or this really gets long! :rolleyes: )
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Since the CB1 receptors are not working right because of that broken piece, this likely means that people who have been deficient in Omega 3 for a while, are missing out on the full medical benefits (and their maximum high)![/FONT]

Hope that helps.

Granny :wave:
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

3. Thanks a bunch. that helps a lot! and I am already taking Omega 3s. but the reminder was very much appreciated.

: ) So knowledgeable here, I think I am going to like it here al ot.

4. Hello
    I have SLE for 31 years with multiple organ involvement, several hip replacements and revisions...Been on so many meds..as many as 27 diff rx"s a day..Have cut most of them back..Chronic nerve pain from the multiple hip repacements had left me on huge doses of opiates..which were always increasing in quanitity and providing less and less relief..Began using Cannabis several years ago..Works better than the opiates for pain..was able to cut my doses to 1/4 of what it was..Sleep better, It also seemed to help provide me with a few years of remission..I believe cannabis does suppress the immune response..which is usually treated with steroids or Chemo for the more serious flare ups..I highly recommend you do some research via the many wonderful site like this one.Lots of med sites out there for info.And get a vaporiser..I use a volcano and canna caps to titrate the dose...Cannabis is a wonderful plant with enormous potential in treating a variety of illnesses and conditions..Good luck..

5. I have Systemic Lupus (probably the last 30 years, but just diagnosed with it three years ago) and have used cannabis to treat Lupus symptoms for two years now. Its been a god-send for me, for joint, muscle and bone pain. It hasn't been that useful for nerve pain, fatigue, or the neuro-psych issues Lupus causes me.

I can't take NSAIDS or opiates anymore. so cannabis was my only option, and has turned out to be very effective.

6. I love seeing all the different things marijuana can help with.

7. Yes it is an amazing herb the things it can do and help. so glad it has helped others with lupus and other ailments.

: )

8. I was diagonosed with lups in may 2010... Shit was a fight for my life no joke. Now my lupus is in remission... Ive been medicating with cannabis oil ever since ive been sick and it helped me! Legalize it

9. I'm in England and have lupus. I have tried all the meds they have prescribed my. Most of them cause me side effects that are just as bad the lupus itself. I have the past 6 months been using cannabis and I find it helps me just carry in with my life. I can finally sleep, I spent 6 weeks with no sleep in agony with my hips, that was the last straw for me. I started to self medicate with what I can buy here. It's not an exact science for me as I never know what I'm buying due to it being underground here as it's illegal. But I have to put my health first and look after myself as I feel half the things they medicate me with just make things worse for me. I can't see England ever moving forward with cannabis laws, medical or not. We're too self righteous in this country. I'm constantly looking for information on lupus and cannabis, I can't believe a natural herb that helps so many people is illegal when tobacco and alcohol is legal and kills so many.

Sent from cloud nine