Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Yeah. We only made the WC once in 1986, lost all 3 games and didn't score. I think getting a win would be a huge victory for us. Making the knockouts would be otherworldly. Fingers crossed :D

There's a lot of excitement and optimism about Canadian soccer for the first time in my life. The youngbloods like Alfonso Davies have brought a winning attitude and we've gone from being a complete joke to winning concacaf.

I guess it's time to see how we fare against the big guns from Europe. :metal: Low expectations but high hopes!

I'd like to see england win one given their history and the drought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. It's a different kettle of fish playing with the big boys, but the electricity of just being there is exciting. And you never know what can happen. Remember when Costa Rica made the quarters in Brazil? Fucking incredible. Speaking of which, I reckon I'm most excited for Group E. Four stellar teams with four different styles of play. That ought to be some good footie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

3. I'm England until whoever knocks them out... Then I'll switch to whoever they're playing for revenge lmaoooooo

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. No, no, no. You’ve gotta punt whoever does knock them out. Because then, once they win, at least you’ve been defeated by the best.

But we’re not assuming England is getting knocked out, are we? This is our year, mate!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I think group e looks like the best one too.

Should be some fantastic soccer and there's a lot of interesting things to be seen.

It's gonna seem weird watching it during the Christmas season. Too bad we wont be able to see any celebrations like this one. Maybe we'll see it in 2026 in Toronto if they keep this Christmas schedule lol.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Groups seem pretty even. I think France will take it again, but Portugal has been another force and will get far Im sure.

Would rather see Messi do better in the World Cup tho

Sent from my moto g stylus using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Or I hope Mane can make it and takes the whole thang hoome somehow

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gotta disagree on the group dynamics. I think every group has its obvious powerhouses and underdogs.

In other news, this fucking guy :lmafoe:

BE83851D-2D71-4FD3-98EB-EF73FA692628.jpeg

I was close to joining Man City - Ronaldo - BBC Sport

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I love football and have watched every World Cup over the last 40 years but it will be difficult to stomach watching it being hosted in a corrupt backwards shithole like Qatar. It takes the good out of it.

That said my money is on Brazil.

9. Yeah, I don't like this trend of hosting it in areas wholly unsuited for it (I'm talking about you too Olympics) :watching:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I’ll third that opinion. Qatar is hard to stomach, and we’re all in the same boat trying to put that aside for the sake of the football.

And no alcohol!! The poor English.

Fuck that, I’m cracking a coldie. Pregame is on, boys!! Getting my Aussie team fix, but my heart is with the Lions.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Congratulations @DaPhats that was a cracker goal.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. [​IMG]

Best World Cup ever :D

13. After watching the first half I'm wondering what the heck was wrong with Belgium. So far Croatia is WAY better than the Belgium we faced. It's not even close. Kinda surprising.

14. Belgium is choking. Look what happened this morning. Morocco!! These guys are supposed to be second in the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Damn, Croatia fucked us :roflmao:

16. Oh man, did anyone see this guy? I wonder if he even realizes Qatar is wahhabi. I hope his country has a really good consulate or embassy in Qatar that can get him out. Otherwise I think he's in for a world of hurt he didn't realize was coming..

• Like Like x 1
  17. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO