Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. France and Portugal in the finals.....

Wow, France impressed me a lot. Oh well....FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really didn't expect France to get through there against Germany, seriously impressed me. If Portugal and France both perform at their best in the final, I think France will definitely win. Too many top players in their squad.
    @AcousticToker happy to see the Dons get through, even though the performance was apparently quite dodgy :hide: gotta say I think hibs will struggle against Brondby, they're a decent team and won their last game 10-1 on aggregate (4-1 and 6-0). Meanwhile we've signed a goalkeeper and Grant Holt (gotta say he's a huddy, but he might prove me wrong). It's not looking promising but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah.. Just scraped through. :confused: Didn't see any of the highlights but sounding like we're pretty rusty, hopefully more to come from the preseason routines (it really never is ideal to have significant qualifying matches this early into preseason).

Brøndby, Danish side with pedigree. For sure be tough for yous but hopefully can maybe conjure some magic, or at least it'll be a grand experience. :hello:

(Also I never seem to get a notifications when you tag, not sure why).

4. Ayy at least you've got through. That's you hearts and hibs all in for at least another couple games. As you say really doesn't help being so soon in preseason! Just about to head off now to the game, half cut already! Somewhat think we'll at least get a draw - come on Cummings and Holt! I'll report back later mate! Mon the hibs!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not an insurmountable result. Did yous acquit yourselves well?

We were a bit more true to form this evening. Couple debutantes got goals. A bit rusty from the off but a quick one-two put the game comfortably in out favour and I feel the third has killed off the tie. On to the next round...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thought we were well below par tonight - though may be due to the high standard we were playing against. That early goal killed the game- they just sat back and hit on the counter attack. If they play as they did tonight in the next leg and we play to our potential, I fully believe we can beat them. But gotta keep in mind they were missing some key players due to visa issues (suppose that'll only get worse due to the Brexit- could work to our advantage- just not in the next leg!)
    Proud of the Dons again - 3-0 has more or less killed the tie. Just gotta sustain to get through. Credit to you lot - you've done the business!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm so sick of this messi vs ronaldo debate. Its apples and oranges people.. nobody seems to get that. They're 2 of the most incredible players ever and that's all you can say. And today i had a disturbing realization, which is that the debate is never going to stop, even after they both retire..

• Like Like x 3
  8. They fucking have completely differently playing styles, people are fucking obsessed

My uncle gets so damn heated when anyone says Messi is better than Ronaldo because Messi needs the barça cruyff system to perform best and blah blah Ronaldo can transform any team

Mf was yelling at his brothers over Ronaldo chillllllllll

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. this premier league season is going to be amazing. Some massive egos will no doubt be destroyed by the end of the season, it's impossible that they won't be. last season with leicester was great and all, but I kind of missed the epic drama that used to be games between manchester united and arsenal, or chelsea, or man city.. last season those games barely even meant anything. This season i hope the big clubs return to being big clubs.

10. Paul Pogba to Man Utd for £93'000'000. Ninety-Three MILLION pounds... Bonkers. The game's gone completely mad......

You know: Sky pay more to Thierry Henry for his annual salary for his bit-part role on their pundit team, than they give to Scottish football as a whole. Tells you it all.

• Like Like x 2
  11. good to see man united on top again playing entertaining football

12. I thought so too, at first, but I'm a liverpool fan, so.. nah. I hated United even before I became a liverpool fan. Their hatred of united is one of the reasons I started supporting them. Seeing united quickly fade to mediocrity was wonderful. But I actually started thinking it would be nice to see them dominating again and winning things, just for the sake of seeing dominance. However, only a few weeks into the season, I already hope Mourinho fails catastrophically and they end up missing out on the top 4, and the money for pogba turns out to be the biggest waste in history. Lol.

On the other hand, man city is also on top and playing entertaining football. I'm becoming a huge Pep admirer in a short span of time. City's first half against west ham was like nothing i've seen in the league for years and years. I even watched the replay of the match again just because it looked so...fun. Everything in football has been so utterly defensive lately, it's so nice seeing teams actually creating chances again.

13. ibra ibra

• Like Like x 1
  14. liverpool to win the title? I think yes. Just heard that Klopp has beaten Guardiola more times than any other manager. he's won 4 out of 7 matchups. City is the favorite right now, but Klopp's high pressing game is the perfect antidote to city's passing

15. liverpool will pull some upsets off and look good in a lot of games and i think ultimately they will prove too volatile and finish outside the top 4. they're just as likely to beat man city at the etihad as they are to drop points in stoke

i like man city to win the title, pep has them training less and conserving energy for games. this is an approach that should keep them fresh and less prone to injury. man united for second place and arsenal and everton will finish the top 4.

everton will be the revelation and koemann will end the season as one of the game's best managers

16. 1. Manchester city
    2.Liverpool
    3.Arsenal
    4.Manchester United.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. i don't think liverpool are likely to drop points at stoke or anywhere else tbh. I know how this sounds, but i really do think the burnley game was a fluke. Its worth noting also that Mane was gone for that game. when mane is fit, plus coutinho, lallana, sturridge, firmino... there's so many different type of threats, that they will be able to unlock teams who sit deep and defend. The new goalkeeper and defense will help too, as well as not playing alberto moreno. And klopp is more familiar tactically with other teams and his own team as well. I think Man City for the title as well, and then chelsea, united, and liverpool in any order. I think arsene will finish his last season by missing the top 4. And I think everton will be a revelation but they won't finish higher than 5th or 6th