Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Who remembers Eduardo da silva from Arsenal? Would of been a great if he didn't get screwed over by injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Who could forget the sight of his ankle popping out

That shit was traumatizingggg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know :( I came across his highlights on YouTube, I miss that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. La Liga just got a lot more interesting...all 3 teams are separated by 1 pt...crazy when many had Barcelona in a landslide.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. i knew barcelona wasn't safe but i really never would have expected them to drop this many points this fast. I don't really think this current team is the best ever or anything like that though, and i never did. they just have an incredible 3 attacking players. but even in pep's time, their defense would always be exposed if you could manage to get at them, and now the midfield is past its prime too. but the biggest problem is lack of depth, they are utterly reliant on their front 3 and right now they're paying dearly for it. suddenly luis enrique seems a lot less clever and the team seems a lot more average. i wonder what littlejacob would think about all this.

As for real madrid, fuck i hate that club more and more every year to be honest. Zidane seems like he could be a great manager, but they fired both ancelotti and benitez and basically sacrificed this season in order to get him in the job. And whats the point? he'll probably just be fired in a few months anyway. It's basically a club whose owner thinks he's the manager of the squad

6. If you noticed Ronaldo, Benzema, and when he plays when he isnt injured Bale are all on a scoring tear under Zidane.

Again, Bale seems to have that nagging calf injury in which he is sitting out the next la liga game, but i sure as hell hope he is healthy for the Man City champ league game next week!!!

7. I have noticed, but I also noticed how happy that front 3 was under Ancelotti. I basically am just still really salty that they would fire ancelotti after winning the champions league.. like what more can a manager do for their club? They've just been going backwards ever since. I hope bayern meet real in the champions league next year and i hope Ancelotti gets sweet sweet revenge. I hope Man City pulls another upset too, it honestly wouldn't surprise me. PSG are a much more complete and balanced side than real madrid this season in my opinion, and Man City did quite well for themselves against them

8. I somewhat agree with your assessment. As for PSG, they really dont have any competition in that French league, however i always saw problems with Cavani and Zlatan, beasts on the field but Cavani's dad has been very critical that Cavani is his own superstar and would be putting up goals in his sleep without Zlatan.

Im still bitter about the move from World Class Di Maria, when he was a Madridista, i thought he created so many opportunities and is a beast on the pitch.

We will see, Champions League semis are gonna be a great matches.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, really not sure why they would get rid of di maria either, and ozil as well. I agree that psg's biggest weakness is their striking options, i feel like cavani just always finds a way to come up short in big moments, and zlatan is amazing of course but he's old and has no pace

10. BOOM! first FA cup final for us since 2004 :sneaky: never thought we could win silverware with that cancer named Louis Van Gaal in charge..

Aston Villa, Aston Villa, Aston Villa.. what has gone wrong with that club:vaping:

11. please not again. i hope city makes it to the final, becuse fuck real, plus i would actually have an interest in the final then. for some reason i feel that bayern will come back at home though and itll be a real madrid v bayern munich final.

I saw a thing on my espn app that said "Leicester vs Athletico Madrid?" Now that's a matchup i'd love to see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hala Madrid!!!!!!!

That was one crazy game between Bayern and Atleti yesterday! 2 missed PK's...tons of shots by Bayern...Atleti survives and heads to Milan for the final.

Hope today's game is just as good, Ronaldo is 100% fit according to Zidane.

13. boooring, hope atletico get their revenge though

14. cl final anyone? ugh, this thread

15. Euro 2016 begin....sweet!!!

Gotta say i went to the Argentina and Chile game here at Levis Stadium last week, glad i got to see Di Maria get a goal but bummed i didnt get to see Messi.

• Like Like x 1
  16. How is the field setup at Levi's? Going to the Milan - Liverpool game in July. Hope I'll be able to see.

Good year for soccer so much going on!

doob's first indoor grow

17. Holy shit you guys i just saw argentina vs panama. everyone in the stadium was just there for messi and so pisser he wasnt starting. but he came on in the 60th minute and went on to score a fucking hat trick. Holy shit. im still in shock ill never see anything like that again. Ball deflects in the middle and gets finished off.. guess who. messi. Free kick just outside the box? messi. got it on video. amazing. Then getting through the defense..making a move around the defender.. scoring and making it look easy. messi. Then aguero got in on the act.. messi with the cross of course. Argentina won 5-0. messi had a 25 minute hat trick and assisted another. It was his first ever competitive match in the USA. the whole stadium kept chanting his name.. even after the match. I would have paid 1000 dollars for this. Amazing.

• Like Like x 1