Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Arsenal were utter shite, shocking performance. I heard Pool got lucky too.

2. fuck lucky.. we won fam... we knocked on they door like the big bad mu'fucking wolf yo... it had to break eventually.. they played VERY well... we need to learn to cope with teams that harry and harass us.. like Villa did... more one and two touch football and quick ball movement.. and a creative spark.. that's how you deal with those types of teams but... if you look at the group table it says 'Liverpool 3pts'.. that's all I care about

3. that was a poor result for Arsene.. and by all accounts it was a poor performance too... Arsenal don't seem to change (year after year) it seems to be the same.. different players but the same outcome... let me map it out for those that don't know... they'll EITHER...a.. struggle to qualify, just scrape it , finish second and get a mammoth 2nd round tie in which they'll get spanked or .. b... go on a run, beat Dortmund at the Emirates and just fall short on goal diff.. or head to head.. or some other shit... every year is like Groundhog day... what's up wid dat????

4. #13044 Dryice, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Arsenal aren't going anywhere in the CL if they keep playing like that. That was just a dreadful performance... and we know how Dortmund play... I don't understand it. Arsenal struggle so much against teams that are extremely aggressive and close down wherever you are on the pitch. It's funny watching the two different defensive styles. Once they press us off the ball, we sit back and let them work with it. Just a completely frustrating game. Was almost funny how the first half finished with 0 attempts on goal and 0 corners for Arsenal.

You clearly didn't watch the City game.

5. #13045 fuegor3d, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    I think most teams have trouble with aggressive (in a defensive sense) teams... that's how Villa beat us on Saturday and we had a REAL scare last night but... we came through it.. that seems to Arsenal's problem (one of them) .. you don't seem to be able to grind out results.. and you're STILL a soft touch.. especially away from home.. on the low.. you need a PROPER left back.. Monreal and Gibbs are NOT the answer (not saying it was either of there faults) and STILL you need a hard-ass, take no shit, break-you-in-half-if-I have-to CM.. either that or your have to do that wolf thing.. you know.. hunt in packs.. 2 and 3's

.. having said all of that we must not forget that season has just begun.. shouldn't be too harsh

I keep trying to tell myself this.

7. [​IMG]

Highlighted everything that pisses me off or is surprising. Interesting season so far.

8. Oh I watched the city game. It doesn't change my opinion. From my vantage point arsenal were fortunate to escape with a point. Not surprising that some suspect defending let the 2 other slip away though.

Interesting indeed. I'm not that surprised about everton. It's not like they've played poorly. Just a slow start and some mental lapses. They should be ok. Definitely surprised about Aston Villa and Swansea. I find it hard to believe that either of them will finish anywhere near where they are now though. There's hope that villa won't find themselves in a relegation battle after all though.

Not really surprised that southampton has remained solid. They were good last year mostly because of the system they played in rather than the quality of their players in my opinion so I didn't expect much to change there.

However, you didn't mention it, but to me I think the biggest surprise might be newcastle. Talk about a bad start.

P.S. I don't dislike arsenal by the way, in case it seems like I do. I just call it like I see it is all.

9. Gervinho though

10. At least Everton know how to beat the Germans.

I get it man. It's just irritating sometimes coming from someone who has no allegiance to a team. I did forget to include Newcastle, that surprises me as well.

Arsenal had done pretty well in the past. I'm sure Everton couldn't put a foot against Bayern and we beat them at their home.

12. Real Madrid onslaught....8 beautiful goals!!! James, Ronaldo, Bale, and.....Chicharito!!!!

13. Alright, we look like shit out there -_-

14. Hopefully that game was the start of Ozil getting his mojo back.

15. Tough times for liverpool though. Only 3 loss team in the league

16. #13057 AhToker, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    What I was expecting but I was hoping Balotelli would start to prove his quality..we haven't seen that -.- Give us time!

I say our goals this season are managing the extra games and making our new players comfortable.. Would be nice to have a more talented striker than Borini...Song > Lucas That would've been a decent signing

17. #13058 Sunn, Sep 21, 2014
    Why is that irritating though? I don't really have a strong allegiance so I try not to be biased towards anyone. I would criticize any team if I thought they deserved it.

Also, it looked really weird seeing Ozil running off the back shoulder of defenders up the middle. But that might be exactly what the doctor ordered for Arsenal if this game was any indication.

Balotelli seems to have the hunger for the goal so I have some faith in him but he needs to polish his game a bit

18. #13059 Dryice, Sep 21, 2014

Because you're free to say whatever. It's completely fair, but it's irritating. :p If Chelsea fans were slagging me off, I could say well it must be nice to have a Russian that treats the club like it's his play thing, or a Barca fan I could say it must be nice to cheer for a dynasty. But, with you there's none of that. So that's what I mean by irritating, it's like you're trying to banter but from a position that is immune to banter.

Ozil getting the freedom to drift from wing to wing really helped. He's usually locked into his left spot with very limited allowance for creativity. This is the most I've seen Ozil in the centre this year and I hope that continues, but Wilshere has been playing well too, so it'd be rough to squeeze him out of the advanced midfielder role.

19. #13060 goober0331, Sep 21, 2014
    Ha, Lampard scores against Chelsea.

Perfect weekend for Arsenal.