Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Definately. It'd be good to be able to make different threads about different topics, not having to try and cover everything in one thread...

2. yessss!
    my team (celtic) just won 2-0 in moscow, brilliant.

3. Great result... Didnt think they would do it after first leg...:hello:

4. Who can stop Rooney? He's an animal but Milan has the better side and should pull off a win at old trafford.

If not Man U wins it all.

5. yeah Rooney is on a tear! But man, Seedorf's goal was so classy!

And schole's was a total fluke, he misses it and it bounces off his plant foot so perfectly :p

6. Milan could not finish last night...

Rooney is a bull of a man and getting better each year..

7. Chelsea FC = Tetrahydrocannabinol

[​IMG]

8. I still miss Nakamura.

9. im a millwall fan.....i know absolutely nothing bout football!!!

10. I've been a manchester united fan all my life, same with my dad, good day today, chelsea lost and arsenal were losing last time i checked, and we've got the carling cup tomorrow,
    UNITED

11. i live for the club with one of the longest standing ultra group in the world TORCIDA from split and that is HAJDUK SPLIT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnD4D3xA6rw]YouTube - Hajduk Split - Dalmatinac[/ame]

12. Dude I went to your game that you boycotted against Zagreb last year! While I was away travelling we bought tickets because it's the biggest game in the Croatian football calender; Hajduk Split v Dynamo Zagreb. Of course the Torcida called a boycott of the game due to the owners (?) and the lack of recent success. Ended up leaving and going down to the rugby ground and watching the game with the Torcida; best atmosphere ever! You're crazy motherfuckers man! Fireworks, flares... all sorts, was mental but awesome.

Personally I support Nottingham Forest (come on you reds!), currently in the 2nd tier of English football in 3rd place; pushing for promotion to the premier league. Amazing when you consider we were fighting relegation last season. Went on an 18 match unbeaten streak this season as well, also spending nearly a year unbeaten away from home until recently. Doing pretty well this season!

Also to you Man U fans: you're so feckin lucky. Vidic should've been sent off no question. The game would've been changed, Man U probably would've lost or maybe grasped it through penalties. Lucky!

13. yeah i know, im a united fan and i felt so sorry for villa after the game, definite red card but at least we took advantage of that decision and went on to win.

14. Indeed, you were the better team throughout the game. It's a shame the referee has no bollocks though :p

On the topic of red cards, did you see the Ramsey Shawcross incident? Nasty! Though I was debating with a friend yesterday that it shouldn't have been a red card. It was clearly a 50/50 challenge and if he hadn't broken his leg he would've got a yellow at worst. Views?

15. yeah man, it was horrible, i hate those leg breaks because no player ever goes in to hurt someone else that badly.
    yeah the referee was terrible, park, valencia and rooney were all so good!

16. The ref had no choice but to give Shawcross a red. Ramsey is laying on the pitch, with his leg broken. His leg looked like it had an elbow in it. Ramsey is young, maybe if he was older, he would've known not to go for the ball and let Shawcross have it. Hindsight is 20/20 though, hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

17. Exactly my point. It was a disgusting result to an otherwise not awful tackle. You see ones like it every week. No-where in the FA/FIFA/football rules does it say that a broken leg results in a red card. Obviously it was disgusting but in my opinion it wasn't a red card.

18. Yeah, I'm sure they'll over turn the red card, or maybe just give Shawcross a one match ban. Everyone could see that Shawcross was in tears with what happened. Some have said he is a reckless, hard player. But there was no malicious intent on that tackle. Just a late "oh shit" tackle.

You wanna talk about a dirty player, Kyle Lafferty on the Rangers. He just about broke Hinkels leg during previous Old Firm match. I don't think he even got a yellow for that tackle. Hinkel says his leg still has the scars from Laffertys studs.

19. Nasty. With cases like that where there is obvious intent involved maybe the police should get involved more. No player should have to go out and play on a field where people are gonna go out to injure them. Another example; Roy Keane admitting to 'that tackle' being deliberate. How is that not GBH? Why did he not serve 3-6 months in prison as per the normal GBH ruling?

20. You'd think it would be grounds for GBH. Some way with that guy who use to be on Newcastle United, I forget his name. There was another incident with him, at the end of last season, before Newcastle was relegated.