For Clone Experts only!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DankNess, Mar 22, 2006.

1. the betta pics! 1st is the smaller plant.see how it bushes out rather than one main stem up with branches in uniform like a pine tree?
    2nd both the beasts. this is a 15 gallon bucket i have them in
    3rd under view of best in LST..the branches are so long if i didnt tie them back they woulda smothered the main growth. they out grew the "top" by at least 3x
    4th look at all the growth points... there will be a LOT of colas on this cutlin
    5th both the beasts lookn mean!

Attached Files:

2. the first one is the baby. i have not done anything cept water.. which is the "top"?
    2nd one.. now this is the "top" main growth on the big plant... theses leaves are bizzare and its growth is verrry slow compared to the other branches
    3rd another pic of the wierd ass middle growth
    4th just a cool lookin picture of the beast!

Attached Files:

3. my clones are doing the exact same thing because of the same reason

4. yep..thats what cloning is all about ..unreal node growth..why would you need to anything else to promote new growth beats me!!

Looking good there man..Nice. :smoking: .

5. looks nice

but, uh.. you keep going on, but everybody already told you that all clones do that... the weird leave mutations. it's not becuase you took them late. it just happens.

what did you root the clones in? just soil? what did you use for a humidity dome? I'm gonna need directions for successfully taking clones soon and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to set things up yet.

6. Do a search. Dorklover has a recent thread on how to properly take clones and there are many floating around here on GC.

7. Yeah, I know. I've been reading the others as well. I was just asking him specifically because of the results. was just curious. :]

8. well first off i cut the clones then immediatley removed the leaf or two - i take em small so there is never much more to cut- i leave a cluster at the top.. i will post some step by step pics if ya need em. but any way remove leaves then into water let em soak for 20-30 sec then into "shults" rooting harmone the powder kind. then i got this tray of like 30 or more "seedling" containers..i got it for 1.50 at k-mart.. it is a vermiculite perulite and light soil mix. so before i put the cuts in i soak the hole thing and mix it up.. if its wet all the way threw i shouldnt have to water until they come out of the dome. then poke a hole with a pen in the soil so that its big enough not to take off the harmone on the cut. my humidity dome is a styriFOAM<- sound it out i know its way off, cooler that i cut dowe and made a clear roof for out of some clear plastic paper i had laying around. i taped it on only on one side then put little pieces on the other side so that it isnt air tight but keeps moisture in. i spray my home made dome 2 times a day for a week then out of the dome after another 5-7 days i cut them out of the starter container gently and put them in a " party cup" with soil.. after a few weeks i will transplant with N treated soil. they get floros 18 on 6 off for the whole time.for the first week they are not as close to the lights as later. i have 100% success rate and new growth in 2 - 3 weeks!!! -the poor man method!!

9. for those of u that think im just blowing smoke up ur butts, here is some pictures.

again, i take a handfull of cuttings and shove them into the perlite75%/vermiculite25% mix and cover them with the same tote as the bottom tote that u see. i then put them under decent lighting and bottom heat, only watering them after they get uncovered, in about 10-12 days.

there is about 6 clones, fully rooted, all bound up together. i gently remove them and pot em up.

Attached Files:

10. here is an interesting experement.

after i take the top cuttings, u have a few nodes left, so i rooted them up, just for fun.

this is the resulting rooted cutting.

Attached Files: