For Clone Experts only!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DankNess, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Hey right on thanks for the heads up!! Hermies would be 10x more depressing then males!!! I think we are doin different things thow.. im not MIXING any light spectrums.. I keep a consistant HPS during flower with the red spectrum? correct me if i am wrong.- and then i place her in the sun for UV rays which is a little different then floros while flowering. cuz floros have a blue? spectrum... either way floros could confuse it by making it want to VEG and then stress it into goin hermie? I actually read IT here on the city that a study was done and that is where i got the idea for ten minute increments of some UV.. IT said the study showed it increased THC drastically?
    I also thought i read Metal Hallide can be used with as much floros as you can fit with out burning leaves?- u are sayin this causes hermys? As of now my clones are under just floros- i took out the metal hylide for 10 hrs just in case... i guess im gonna keep it constant

2. the sun has blue spectrum too. ohh and my clones where taken during veg and have been kept under an hps in the beginning(friends) then compact flouros since then, and there now 2 weeks from getting put into flowering. They have alot of pistils and trichs too, kinda weird man. peace.

3. talk bout wierd!!! my clone that was most farthests along in budding when clipped from its momma is throwin out folded spinache lookin leaves.. with like webbed bottoms it is nuts! the node spacing is so small its unreal!! and the side branches are growin faster then the main stem!!! lookin wierd yall!! i will post pics tomarrow and see if any of you have had a similar experience...

4. wierd huh?

Attached Files:

5. Not weird at all. Clones have a tendancy to do that. Many people do not like to grow clones because sometimes they "look funny". I promise you that this will not effect potency.

6. HIGH All, I agree^^^^a Beautiful looking clone too...I love it when they're in this stage.....

7. hells ya guys i appreciate the input!!! I thought she looked wierd throwin out 1 leaf on each side like a new seed.. and the spinache leaves had me worried.. but the branches are unreal!!! they are almost out growin the top of the plant!!! and the branches are gettn branches!!! i think this short nodes spacein is gonna improve my search for the donkey dicks drastically!!

8. i take a big handfull of cuttings that ive roughcut off of mama plants and throw them into a big tote of 3/4 perlite and 1/4 vermiculite. no hormone or nuthin. a bit of flowering food to keep it fully moist. then i cover and forget about them for 2 weeks. no water, no breathing, just nuthing but an opaque cover and under fluoro's. temp is always = 70's and humid is between 20-50.

and i get like 90% root rate. i have to pull them from eachother. they dont like that so much but the point is, this isnt rocket science.

i used to individually screw around with each one, now i just grab a handfull and snip it off and go to work...

9. no its not rocket science......:hello:

10. WHO SAID IT WAS ROCKET SCIENCE? WHY DONT U ONLY REPLY WITH POSTIVE FEEDBACK OR DO NOT POST! IF U MUST DO IT ON A DIFFERENT THREAD! i cloned while budding and my plants are growing wierd now... they are shootin out pistols and growing curly spinache (looking) leaves and they both threw out a pair of one leaf leaves, just like the first set of leaves a seedling produces.. also the branches have already surpassed the "top" of the plant and the branches are branchingout now as welll makin a NICE bush.. one looks like it was topped and grew in a "V" all by itself! i think my clones will be takin durring budding more often!!!

Attached Files:

11. Its normal..dont worry about it..

12. :p i believe FROGGY said "this isnt rocket science" :rolleyes:

fact is cannabis is resilient and can grow in many different ways in all sorts of conditions, in nature or in your closet .
    however YOU get it done is YOUR method ... it sounds like you may have taken your first clone THATS GREAT! its doin what they do ...... you'll see it all again too:yay:

13. FADIOUS-my bad i didnt read ahead i thought u were bein rude..
    Ne way im not worried about it i am HAPPY!! these plants are WAYY more bushy then the momma and dont look like her AT ALL.. i am glad about this.. i took clones in a stage with LESS SUCCESS rate for the first time and shifted them from the budding stage back into vegitation and for some reason they are just shittn out leaves and branches... dont even got to top it it already has four main branches taller then the Main growing point... its gonna bee like a six headed dragon. I was just wonderin if any one cloned during flower and got double the growth with way smaller node spacing and redick u lous branch growth as a result of cloning late.. i was also curious if anyone had the "wierd ass leaves"? then come out folded over and they are kinda webbed.. THank YOU all FOR The replys!!

14. yes..its what i was saying is normal..

15. OOOOOKKK.. look At THESE pics and tell me it is totally normal for clones to turn into ragin beasts of branches and bushy little monsters with these ultra wierd ?leaves? growin out of what is technically the ?top?- main stem i guess. but now the branches are way more girthy and have way more growth then the main one does.. the "main" growth point is only throwin out these mutant leaves that dont even look like mj.. i started tien' my branches down usin... the stretchy string that you can pull out of any sock at the top. and tape'n it down tith electrical... is this pretty musch LST? i dunno but if i didnt dunno but i always try to give my plants optimal light to as much growth points as i can.. i do this by tien em down and also by removing leaves that just block to mush under growth and only if they absolutely can not be bent outta the way or folder under or somethin.. i have not topped these plants at all.. i am very surprised by this growth and if this is "NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT" and happens all the time.. WHY DONT MORE PEOPLE STRESS TAKING CLONES DURING FLOWER??? cuz these little babys are wayyy bushier then momma and the yield i expect will be a vast difference as well.

16. oh yeah.. the pics!

Attached Files:

17. YA I KNOW ABOUT THE GAY ASS LINES... to lazy to take plants out of MH to take a pic... i will do it later but these kinda get the point across.. but the "main" or middle growth is kinda hard to see.

Attached Files:

18. the only thing i can poperly see is 2 fingers..

19. Well, we take em when we take em!

I guess for those who have never tried cloning during flower, your just not on the experianced side of the responce pool.

It is very normal for a clone taken from a mother in flower to produce trichomes and continue to show pistol production if the light cycle has been varied. The time lost when cloning from a flowering mother is a matter of a few weeks. Not a big deal unless you are...

20. wow. now im unexperienced... ok. well check it out guy. im not worried bout the trichs or the pistols.. im not nor have i ever worried durring my "unexperienced" cloning during flowereing..
    WHEN DO YOU TAKE EM???? mine are rediculous little bushes that have never been topped .. they have a few wierd leaves that are not of the normal MJ plant origin but all in all i'd say clonig during flowering is the BEST TIME TO TAKE CLONES!!!
    i have read and been told cloning during flower is not good and had a grower friend say " no way will they survive... not with pistols like that.. they wont be able to revert to the growth stage.." alls im sayin is... uh yeah actually they will live grow and even a little better then the momma.. as far as bushyness and number of branches... i was only wondering if any one else has decided to take clones only during the first few weeks of flowering because when the cuttling takes roots and shifts gears from "flower" to "vegitation" the growth is rediculous and it is mad worth it for the loss of "a matter of a few weeks"..? my clones rooted in a week and a half.. and are bushes now. the little one was only one little leaf layin on top the soil... the most smallest pussifed clone ever!!