Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

For cannabis oil/capsules , need to dry & cure?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by NoobGrower., Jul 8, 2020.

1. I tried to search this out but couldn’t find the right answer (or couldn’t ask the right way to find it).

To smoke cannabis, you go through this drying process then a mason jar curing process. Adds weeks to the time it takes.

When you make oil for capsules, do you just go straight from harvest to the Decarb? I mean it’s going to bake and dry it anyway. Or do you still go through a drying process , a curing process, same as smoke, then the decarb/oil process to make the oil and capsules?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would dry and cure otherwise it may mess with the decarb faze. BNW Hashcaps May b a thread ya wanna check out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have read that a cure is not necessary if you're not smoking your cannabis. You do need to dry and decarb. That said, I feel like the high may change as your cannabis ages a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Dry and Cure does change the stone in a fairly large way. I have done the straight to edible right after harvest and I don't like the stone at all but then I'm an amber grower. Let the plants run long for a softer edged more mellow sided high. It's even more pronounced in edibles .
    As always I encourage you to try it both ways and see for yourself. I grow enough that I can wait for the last harvest to reach full jar maturity before I need it.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks gents! I have seen that thread but it is so long. Packed with good info though. I'll have to knuckle down and review it. :)

Thanks again!

6. Depending on how advanced you'd like to go, live resin concentrate infused capsules would be unique.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. *fresh frozen concentrates

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1