for anyone that says u cant use shitty miricle grow soil in a pinch lol

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Z1990, May 16, 2019.

1. All these plants have been in Miracle Grow soil since the get-go used Miracle-Gro potting mix at that. Flowers grew in this soil last year i was broke and impatient so i used that soil like a dumbass but once i git the ph dialed in and my nutes they have been really healthy 20190516_083954.jpg 20190514_114809.jpg 20190514_114858.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Just about any old fertilizer will work, and most people flush money down the drain with all those unnecessary boosters, teas, elixirs, etc.

I applaud you for not being misled by conventional wisdom.

• Like Like x 1
  3. yeah I kind of came to that conclusion myself you can use any kind of all-purpose plant food the only thing you may have to do is adjust the strength I'm using generic Miracle-Gro it's called expert Gardener from Walmart I'll look at the shit on the back and it's got exactly the same stuff is Miracle-Gro fertilizer paid like $3 for a box that'll be enough fertilizer to get me through to harvest only other thing I may have to buy is some Bloom booster I'm run in the fertilizer in about 25% strength big names like Miracle-Gro they tend to run things a little bit on the hot side anyway but yeah as long as your plants are getting what they need you can grow in damn near anything at least that's what I've been figuring out I'm no expert by no means this is actually my first grow

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miracle grow is fine when you are vegging, it's when you start to flower that they have issues because of too much nitrogen in the slow release fertilizer

• Like Like x 2
  5. I am using Miracle-Gro fertilizer for my current grow... in spite of my partner's protests.
    DSCN0100.JPG
    Whatstheproblem?
    My thought is that the plant will take what it needs and leave the rest.

I may be DEAD WRONG.
    We shall see.

• Like Like x 2
  6. the stuff the stuff I'm using doesn't have any more time release stuff in it it's been gone at the store was used to grow flowers in last year so any nutrients that are in there are long gone but yeah I could see that being an issue in flowering but if you veg long enough I would think that it would all be used up but yeah I'm going to buy a new bag of potting mix without slow-release when I go ahead throw in the final pots cuz I don't have any more of this soil I'll just have to get me some different fertilizer that's low in nitrogen and higher in phosphorus

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. they can definitely take up more than what they need and they can definitely take up more than what they need and get nute burn that I'd say if you just let then veg for 3 months at least that slow relationship would probably be gone but then again I've never grown with brand new Miracle Grow soil with these kind of plants what I'm using is already been used so any needs that were in there we're going I've been using my own

8. sorry sorry about the misspelling this voice to text I've been lazy lately about typing I'm going to go in and disable it so I can't use it no more LOL

9. Oh, please allow me to clarify;
    I am using Miracle-Gro FERTILIZER... not MG soil.
    That soil can be deadly.
    As a grower, I added Osmocote to my Pro-Mix BX to create Geranium BASKETS. (Only in the baskets)
    The Miracle-Gro soils (various) are formulated like that... add fertilizer to THEM and phsssssst!

Adding fertilizer is fine; adding TOO MUCH fertilizer is harmful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Is this anything to worry about? Just this one plant is doing it on all nodes one side branches out higher than the other 20190516_084440.jpg

11. Nah just a genetic thing

12. Yeah I can see that I'm just now thinking and I hope somebody doesn't see this and go buy a bag of brand new Miracle Grow soil and f u c k the plants up because mine is used it's not new and has no nutrients left in it I've had to add my own

13. Consider my vegetable garden;
    When preparing the soil, I broadcast 20.20.20, and compost and till it all in.
    EVERYTHING I grow has a different requirement, yet everything thrives in the same fertilized soil.
    They each take what they need... and leave the rest.
    NOW...
    if I were to double up on the fertilizer I sowed, all my plants would burn.

14. MJ cultivation has always been in the shadows, away from scientific research.
    That has led to many widely accepted procedures that aren't done on other, well studied plants.
    That amounts to unscientific, unnecessary, widely accepted MJ growing rituals.
    Things like over-feeding, useless boosters, teas, elixirs, flushing, etc are almost exclusive to MJ.

It's possible to grow great plants using a single 1-part fertilizer from start to finish, and without any pruning.

15. you think you think I'll be okay using this soil and this fertilizer I just picked it up today at Walmart I can't afford that high-dollar stuff this was only ten bucks for a bag it does say it feeds for up to three months but it doesn't have chemical fertilizers in it it's all organic worm castings and all that 20190518_111539.jpg 20190518_111518.jpg

16. Where are the flowering pics in miracle soil?

17. You should be ok with that soil and that fertilizer is decent too but only for veg

18. I I forget what the dudes screen name is butt there's a guy on here that gave me access to a bunch of free ebooks and he said that he got satisfactory results in Miracle Grow soil and has pictures of them flowering it

19. since it's only 511 n p k you think I could use it every time I water

20. Is it an auto or a clone?