Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

? for all you chemistry/biology nerds.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by popsaregood230, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Is there any way to extract the THC back out of fat cells? I don't see this as too far fetched or unbelievable. If there was some sort of "THC magnet" per say, could some kind of chemical pull out THC from your fat, then it will be back in your bloodstream. Blood runs to your brain and voala, your high off of used THC.

Now I don't know all that much about anything like this, but it seems feasible with the right research/chemicals.

2. Even if it was possible to do that, the actual molecules are metabolites; they aren't the psychoactive variation of the chemicals, so putting them back into your bloodstream would be pointless. They'd simply metabolize back into your fat cells. Not a bad idea though. :smoke:

3. Myth: BUSTED

4. Theoretically:

You could reverse engineer some sort of parasitic bacteria
    Rearrange the identifying proteins in the bacteria to set the THC metabolites stored in fat cell as its primary energy source. Then release the bacteria in the body. It would eat the THC metabolites and when their food source was all gone, they would hopefully die.

Theoretically.

5. But... if this were theoretically true, then we would have found a positive way to pass a drug test. If I am correct, the only reason you can fail a drug test weeks after smoking is because of the metabolites in your fat cells.

6. Well the parasite would eat the THC, unless its waste would contain THC in the bloodstream.

7. OMG we need to get on this stat. also we should try to make this same parasite excrete Dopamine (sp?) into your brain

8. Not true. This method I made up would be freakishly cost-prohibitive. It would cost so much money, it wouldn't even be feasible. However, it is theoretically possible.

9. Well, the bacteria would eat the THC and excrete waste, The waste, although still containing parts of THC, would not be identifiable as THC. Thus, no positive result.

Think of it this way: If I eat a pizza and take a shit with only that pizza eaten in the last 48 hours, I wouldn't shit pizza. Some minor components of the pizza would be scientifically discoverable, but no definite link could be made.

10. But, if it was made... you would pass a drug test?

11. Possibly. However, it may also kill you. One would not be able to guarantee the benign death of the bacteria after total THC consumption.

But it could work.

12. That's all the motivation I need to do this.

"Professor Oak, get your top scientists working on this immediately; We may have a breakthrough.

But sir, it will cost an unthinkable amount of money. We don't have that kind of money. The government is in a depression and can't afford to send us subsidiary checks.

God damn government. Tell them to legalize Marijuana, that will solve their cash problem.

I still don't think we're able to accomplish this...

You made Pokemon Goddamnit! How hard can bacteria be!"

Sorry, had to have my fun ;)