Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

For all the scientific stoners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by christhetoker, Jun 8, 2015.

1. So what exactly causes cottonmouth ? I've been smoking for about two years but I still haven't found out why I get cottonmouth .

2. Apparently it is caused by THC binding to cannabinoid receptors located in the salivary glands. The cannabinoids bind to these receptors which prevent the nervous system from sending messages that tell your salivary glands to produce saliva.

3. Here you go, hon!

Cannabinoid receptors in submandibular acinar cells: Functional coupling between saliva fluid and electrolytes secretion and Ca2+ signalling        (full – 2012) 
    http://jcs.biologists.org/content/125/8/1884.full

The answers to your cannabis questions are usually in "Granny Storm Crow's List"!  To get your free copy, either PM me your email address, or check out the bottom of my sig for mine!