For all the Bronco haters out there (there are plenty)

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by MileHighMofo, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUICKLY:

• The Broncos are the only team in the NFL to start each of the last three seasons 2-0. Denver joins Baltimore, Indianapolis and the New York Jets as AFC squads with a perfect record after Week 2.
    • Denver's +26 scoring differential (39-13) is the third-best mark in the NFL. The club also is tied for second in the league in turnover ratio (+4), posting five takeaways and one giveaway.
    OFFENSE:

• The Broncos' offense is the only one in the NFL to not commit a turnover this season.
    • QB Kyle Orton is 5-1 in his last six starts dating back to last year - Only the Colts' Peyton Manning (6-0) has a better record among NFL starting QBs during that time. This season, Orton has thrown the second-most 25-yard completions (7) in the NFL and is the only AFC quarterback with at least 50 pass attempts and no interceptions.
    • RB Correll Buckhalter is averaging 7.2 yards per rush (17-122, 1 TD) in two starts this year. Since 2007, he owns the NFL's third-best yards per rush average (5.2, 155-804, 7 TDs).
    DEFENSE:

• Coached by long-time NFL defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Broncos lead the league in scoring defense (6.5 ppg.) and have given up only three scores (1 TD, 2 FGs) in 23 opponent possessions.
    • Denver ranks first in the NFL in first downs allowed (27), second in yards per game (253.5) and third in yards per play (4.3).
    • OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil tied the Broncos' single-game club record with four sacks last week against Cleveland. His four sacks came in the second half, marking the highest half sack total by an NFL LB in eight years.
    SPECIAL TEAMS:

• The Broncos rank fifth in the NFL in average opponent drive start after kickoffs (21.0-yard line).
    • RB Peyton Hillis is tied for third in the league with a team-high four special teams tackles.

2. 2-0 doesn't really mean shit, when you constantly lose 8 of your last 10 games. But I'm getting really excited about the defense so far. Especially after seeing the shit defense we have had the past couple of years. Dumerville has transitioned pretty well to that OLB spot. 4 sacks in a game! The guys a beast. :devious:

[​IMG]

3. LOL @ this thread.

Got lucky to beat Cincy, and beat the lowly Browns.

Let's talk in December, if you guys are above .500 at that time, I'll give you props.

4. No point in being negative (could bring up the titans loss to the texans) the point of this thread is to show off our weapons, some being new acquirement, and a lot of them being team members who learned how to play together over the last 2-3 years, and to say, hey, we are stepping out of the background, I'm not saying we are gonna win the super bowl...Just saying the Broncos are rebounding and will become quite the force like they were in the late 90's with their back to back super bowl wins, I guess the point is we are no longer a rebuilding team, we are built, and we are ready for action

5. I agree with you 100% locnar, we need 7-0 before we get excited, and Dumerville is a beast! I couldn't believe that half, and yeah, we lost 8 of the last 10 games...but virtually all our starters now...Didn't play those games, we are a new team, with new hope

6. #6 Haze23, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    Agreed, this thread is a joke. Denver should have lost the first game but got a miracle against the bengals....and then they beat the shitty browns? Grats.

As stated if you are above .500 in December then that is something to be happy about.

And I dont hate denver at all but ill wait until they actually prove something before I give them props. All the stuff posted by the OP means absolutely nothing.

7. Well I did say this thread was for the bronco haters lol.... you guys are missing the point comepletely, I'm NOT saying that being 2-0 is awesome, I am pointing out the caliber of players and how they are playing, Orton being the only QB in the league that has not been picked off? Correll Buckhalter being number 3 in yards per carry, the broncos offense not committing a turnover...

What about the defense:

# the Broncos lead the league in scoring defense (6.5 ppg.) and have given up only three scores (1 TD, 2 FGs) in 23 opponent possessions.
    # Denver ranks first in the NFL in first downs allowed (27), second in yards per game (253.5) and third in yards per play (4.3).
    # OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil tied the Broncos’ single-game club record with four sacks last week against Cleveland. His four sacks came in the second half, marking the highest half sack total by an NFL LB in eight years.

I am saying these are very good signs

8. Good Luck,

I always like the Broncos, was more of Shanahan guy buts thats done and gone.

I think the Broncos have exceeded expectations so far and have a easy beggining schedule. If they can win in week 4 then they will be a legit power

9. It's not how you start, it's how you finish

But considering Josh McDaniels is the coach and he owned that crybaby Jay Cutler, I'd like to see them have a decent season

10. Amen to that, I embrace Josh McDaniels and the loss of cutler, still iffy on Orton, but he might bloom into something pretty good, if not we have brandstater and next seasnon

11. So when was the last time they went to the superbowl?

12. alot more recently than alot of teams

13. Your thread title has negativity in it. What were you expecting ?

I don't feel bad about our 2 losses, so go ahead and bring them up. We had a chance to win both games... and didn't, it's not as if we were blown out or got lucky to get a win.

You may not think you are in rebuilding mode, but I disagree. New head coach, new QB, and after 2 games you're ready to declare it a success ? Let Orton play against a team with a decent defense, and we'll see how well he fairs.

I took a peak at y'alls schedule again, and here's some games for you to look forward to.

Dallas
    New England
    @San Diego
    @Baltimore
    Pittsburgh
    @Washington
    San Diego
    NYG
    @Indy
    @Philly

Plus, I'm betting KC & Oakland will pull out at least 1 win between the two of them.

I'm not hating, I'm just being honest and giving you my opinion.

Exactly.

I'd rather finish strong at the end of the season, than peak too early in the year, like we did last year. It was very disappointing and heartbreaking.

14. Knownshawn Moreno, that is all.

Brandon Marshall is a disgrace

15. OP, what's your point here?

:laughing:

16. #16 vegajr27, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    I always liked the Broncos. When I was in high school I would always joked the Broncos changed their logo to look like Shannon Sharpe.

But I'm a Bears fan and Kyle Orton is nothing more than a backup in the NFL.

17. You are entitled to your opinion, I like the Titans anway, I just think its funny that I post a thread and make it clear that I am not calling them a super power, I am saying we are showing potential to be a contender if stuff keeps coming together like it has, yet everyone seems to hear me saying "SUPERBOWL!!!11!!1"

He is a crybaby, but disgrace? no, Josh Mcdaniels put his foot down and Marshall responded in a positive way, and he stands a good chance of being one of the best receivers this year

18. Plenty of Bronco haters? whats the point in hating such an impotent, mediocre team?

kidding, kidding. :D

but seriously theyre so average i cant find the energy to hate them.

19. He doesn't stand a chance this Sunday against Asomugha. I'm gonna be there, hopefully it's a good one.

20. He wont be a top 10 reciever, I know that much.

Go drop some more balls on purpose and cry in a corner, Brandon Marshall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.