? for all of you thinkers...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by psilosylum, May 29, 2010.

1. #1 psilosylum, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010
    now, i'm not just asking "educated" people, but the more you know about other cultures, religions, science, etc. the better.

and a fresh high doesn't hurt either ;)

if you could take EVERYTHING that is know about existence and divide it into 12 categories, what would they be?

think of it like a zodiac wheel.

any answers will be appreciated, this is for personal use. just remember i said EVERYTHING.

2. Science.
    History.
    Culture.
    Social Science.
    Philosophy.
    Religion.

Having a hard time thinking of other things.

3. 1. food
    2. shelter
    3. water
    4. dangerous
    5. friendly
    6. beneficial
    12. unknown

its very hard to label everything, especially because we dont know everything... ill add that to the list. i will be adding to my list later.

4. Life
    Death
    Emotions
    Logic
    Drive
    Knowledge
    Potential action
    Actual action
    Bonding
    Individuality
    Homogeneity
    Communication

5. That's hard to do, because categories are made of words, and only humans communicate through words (at least on Earth). All other physical manifestations of existence don't use words or understand them as we do. With that being said, 12 categories of human existence would be:

Consciousness.
    Infinite expansion (physically, mentally, and spiritually).
    Thoughts.
    The illusion of time.
    A desire to transcend oneself.
    A desire to understand everything (although this is almost impossible with thought and words, because the answers to the biggest questions lead to more questions. Ad Infinitum.)
    Language
    Technology
    Nature's intelligence
    Intuition
    Perceptiveness
    And then of course, everything we don't know.

6. first let me say thanks so far. :hello: now, let explain something to help ya'll think and formulate this properly. it's all about deduction or simplification. reducing the fraction to it's simplist form. so basically when making these categories, make sure no two categories overlap with each other. everything relates to something else, so this is hard to do, i understand, and that's one of the reasons i'm doing this. but much like ancient cultures did with zodiacs and human traits, i believe everything that is known can be divided into twelve sects or categories.

thus the reason i said everything that is known. i'll wait til you repost before i reply.

ok good stuff, but the life and death categories correlate with existent and non, and that would be like everything being divided into only two categories. and if it ends with or contains the same word (action), then it's in the same category. and i believe logic and knowlegde overlap each other.

only speak of what you can speak of and only write what you can write about. your list has promise, but there is clearly too much overlap.

again, overlapping. you gotta think about this from multiple angles.

7. cool thread, interesting. i'll check back soon and post one

8. Mentalism
    Correspondance
    Vibration
    Polarity
    Rhythm
    Cause and Effect

There ya go, I only needed 7

9. #9 Perpetual Burn, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    In order...

Love
    Life
    Family
    Friends
    Art
    Science
    Spirituality
    Philosophy
    Politics
    Religion
    Competition
    Money

10. Hmm, if I were to minimize the overlapping, there would only be 3 categories.

Universal Phenomena. (Reality)
    Science. (Observing, explaining and understanding phenomena.)
    History. ( Self-explanatory.)

11. #11 KeeneGreen, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010

Cry pardon gunslinger. Your words beat false upon my breast. I cannot take your cash. I almost thought I had I found the guardians.

What are you every day what is your existence are you breathing what are you made of what is your substance, can I weigh it, is it there, common sense, or life and air. More or less, other stuff, pardon thus, the slight remains.

12. :confused:

:smoking::bongin::smoke:

13. 12 catagories doesn't work

You can't divide infinity by 12

14. thank you, thank you, but the question is for 12 categories not anymore more or less. so please if you are not going to list 12, don't bother. thank you again.

okay, but could you analyse it a little further and make 12?

way too much over lap, and money? please explain why you would include this.

okay, i understand where you are coming from, but do me a favor, divide each of those three categories into 4 categories.

15. lol:hello:. uh, what number can you divide infinity into?

sorry i don't mean to make fun, but what you just said is no where near a relevant response to the question i asked.

and this is for all who read it. if you are going to take pop shots, defiling what i've asked, don't bother. i'm not trying to be smart or test anyone here.

if it helps i am asking the question for research/reference for something i am writing.

16. come on now, humor me at least. this is a good start, as i am trying to make a correlation with the 7 notes and 5 half notes. but i need to know your opinion in 12 categories please.

17. If I was Kant I would reply

Group 1 of Quantity\t\t\tGroup 2 of Quality
    \t1. Unity\t\t\t\t4. Relation
    \t2. Plurality\t\t\t\t5. Negation
    \t3. Totality\t\t\t\t6. Limitation

Group 3 of Relation\t\t\tGroup 4 of Modality
    \t7. Of inheritance \t\t\t10. Possibility &
    impossibility
    \t\tand subsistence
    \t8. Of cause and effect\t\t\t11. Existence &
    Non-existence
    \t9. Of reciprocity\t\t\t12. Necessity &
    contingency

According to Kant, these modes reside in our understanding. Anything we
    understand must conform to these categories.

18. Reality:
    1- Universal Laws.
    2- Energy.
    3- Phenomena. (The way in which things behave.)
    4- Consciousness.
    5- Emotion.
    6- Mathematics. (?)

History:
    7- Universal.
    8- Evolution.

Social Phenomena:
    9- Morality.
    10- Economics.
    11- Politics.
    12- Culture.

Still thinking of how I could refine this. I don't like the idea of placing so much emphasis on the human race. And I wasn't sure about consiousness, emotion and mathematics; I kind of consider them to go under the 'phenomena' category.

19. "So close it can't be seen."