For all my skaters out there.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by zaroode, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Ok for the guys that have been skating for awhile now. When you start a completely new trick, do you expect to land it within that same day? I'm not talking the hardest most tech tricks I mean something like a switch shuv or something close to that, would you expect to start landing them on the same day you try? I just wanna get a read on how good or bad I am, and you can't say being good doesn't matter because everywhere you skate other skaters and people will always judge you.

you sound very young. any old timer skater will tell you that

it isn't about how fast you land the trick, it's about the lifestyle,

a board, and your zone. some people are naturally talented

with the ability to learn things quicker than others, it doesn't

make them any better. when I used to skate many years ago,

I never expected to land a trick on my first try. if I  fell enough

times, I would cruise around, find my groove, and try again later.

it's not rocket science, and skating isn't a competition unless

you're getting paid to do it, so live your skate-life in a carefree

manner.

3. #3 zaroode, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    If I sound young it's because I'm still a kid being 22. And I have so much love for skating and filming that most of time would be spent doing that if it could pay the rent.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. qualiD those were real words of wisdom. I've always been self concious when I skate cause I'm not very good at it. Idk why im naturally athletic and have good balance but for some reason it took me a long time to be able to skate well. It takes me forever to learn a new trick and I feel terrible when I skate with people who are more serious and are constantly doing tricks and I'm just there cruising. But I think now I'm gonna try to be more carefree haha

5. most of the time I do expect to land it because I'll try it all day if I have to. But sometimes for a completely new trick I won't land one for a couple days just stay patient

6. I don't like to leave the skatepark till I land it

7. It took me almost a year before i could ollie and i still cant reliably. I skate almost once a week

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Thats how skating is though. The best skaters probably arent too good at what youd call traditional sports. Fuck it man just keep practicing itll come