For all in Seattle area that want a cool volunteer thing to do--check it! :)

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Jun 12, 2005.

1. For all of you that live in Seattle check this out:

There used to be a volunteer org. called "dancesafe" located here in Seattle. The orginzation sorta died off due to lack of volunteers and funding.
    Recently myself along with a few others have started this orginization up agian and its now called "S-Cubed".
    btw: you can check out dancesafe e.t.c. on www.dancesafe.org

S-Cubed is a orginization for education on drugs, nutrition, and generel safty and health.
    Basically the idea is that instead of telling kids all the time "don't do drugs e.t.c." (like the dare program for instance) we tell kids what the drug does to your body, what its effects are, what the chemicals are found in it e.t.c. Basically everything you need to know about a specific substance/compound/plant/drug.

This way the person knows and understand what the substance is that they are using without abusing it. This way they can use it in a controlled and non-abusive manner.

This orginization goes to a lot of "raves/clubs/other events like hempfest, folklife e.t.c.) we always have a booth setup and pass out fliers and educate the public. We used to do drug testing for the purity of XTC at partys, but we ran into some legal trouble doing that.

If you live in the Seattle area--or nearby please send me a PM or a email @ ewhskappes@yahoo.com if you are interested in volunteering.
    We are also looking for in-kind donations from coperations/sponserships.

So if you want to get involved in a volunteer orginization that is taking off rather quicky and having great success please send me a pm/email.

We have a meeting about every month or every 2 months for volunteers, and a meeting about once every 2 months or so for the founders (like myself e.t.c. to talk about what else should be done in the orginzation e.t.c.--anybodys open to come to these meetings as well).

I'm the sponsership/fundraiser person-so its my job to find donations--"in-kind" donations means non-money related. I.e. food, recources e.t.c.

Later guys!

peace,
    Will

NOTE: you can also sign up here http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/sealatenightdrugawareness/ for information on meetings/boothing e.t.c.

2. did you sign up on the volunteer yahoo groups bored? :)

3. No, not yet - Ill get around to it though. Thats one of the rampant problems with drugs today. You can never trust whats in them, I am glad there are testers out there that will make sure, for instance what your really doing is E. in time in time :D :smoke:

4. Ya--we don't test at partys anymore due to legal and law issues.
    Baiscally according to the goverment--if theres drug testing going on at a rave, that implys that there are drugs (xtc) at the rave as well. Promotors/venue owners have gotten in trouble before for drug testing being present at their partys.

Of course we all know that drugs are always present at raves e.t.c., but testing for them is asking for trouble.

We can still test pills privatly if needed.