for a beginner,, whats better for outdoors, photoperiod or autoflowering??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bubbabounce, Feb 3, 2013.

1. as the title says which is easier for a beginner? im leaning towards autoflower just because it seems like a sure bet it will work + faster

any input?

2. I'm indoor, but I'll say I'm very happy I started with an auto. They seem to be much more forgiving when it comes to beginner mistakes.

3. autos are no easier to grow than photos, thats just some bullshit that seedbanks claim to make newbs grow unclonabel autos instead of clonable photos, thus ensuring their need to buy more seeds in order to continue growing.
    indoors theyre close to pointless because you can control the light, outdoors they have the benefit that you can select a harvest time in summer rather than having it in fall, which makes growing in super shitty climate possible, but yield will be lower with autos simply because they cant get as big as photos. everything else is pretty much the same.

4. Autos and photos have all the same needs and wants practically. The difference is Autos flower according to age not a light cycle/season change.

What you grow is up to you, all the same challenges remain.

5. Depends on your latitude. Most likely you should go for a non-auto, so that it can veg as long as the season will let it. If you are extremely far north then an auto might be better because a non-auto might not start to flower in time to finish before the first frost.