Football/Soccer fans!

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Clueless, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Who do you all root for? I'm a Valencia fan myself :D

2. Ajax, I remember the glory days :D

[​IMG]

3. Valencia is having a horrible season man, it's not even funny...

4. I'd watch soccer, but I can never find good games on tv

5. european leagues play at like 3am for me occasionally. I live in nc.

6. Although I'm more of a fan of particular players than teams, I root for Barcelona more or less because they are amazing to watch. Messi is just amazing and at such a young age not to mention thier other upcoming stars Bojan and Giovanni and of course you can't forget about the veterans. Hopefully they can keep everyone healthy if they do I think they will win La Liga.

As for International Teams of course I root for the good ole USA, but I also root for Argentina. I think they will win the next World Cup so many great players and a lot of young stars as well.

7. I wish soccer was more popular in the States. My hometown doesn't have a major team so I don't follow the sport outside of the Olympics and World Cup.

Anyone care to share information about the European leagues and how to watch in the U.S?

8. As dumb as it may sound one of the best and funnest ways to learn about the various leagues of soccer around the world is playing one of the various FIFA video games. It helped me get back into watching soccer and gives you something to root for other than the olympics and world cup and you can get a general reference for who some of the major stars are by their rankings, plus it's fun as hell.

If you don't enjoy video games I would suggest finding a place that broadcasts the UEFA Chanmpions League which is a tournament that features the top clubs from various leagues around Europe. They broadcast one of the games live every match day and play another one later in the day (delayed) on ESPN classic I think. Thats the best place to start when seeing quality broadcast soccer in the US. Also I know for a fact Dish Network offers Fox Soccer Channel which is what I watch a lot of games on. They broadcast English Premiere League Games, Italian Serie A Games, and games from the Argentinian League.

Oh and here is a list of Club Soccer Rankings from around the world http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/3412562

9. yeah soccer is THE game in argentina and tomorow, one of the most important matches in world is gonna be played, you can send an army to attack argentina that no one will care!!!!

Boca-River
    River-Boca

In the Boca Juniors stadium(bombonera)

Support River Plate!!! :D
    [​IMG]

10. Galatasaray Ftw.

11. Either the Fox soccer channel for the English league, or the Gol TV for the spanish/italian league.

12. arsenal all the way

but chicago fire for an MLS team since i live so close(well 3 hours but close enough)

do any of you guys follow mls? even tho its nothing compared to the euro's or world cup

13. I know I'm one of those lame Americans who only watches stars or extremely good teams, But I really used to love watching Barcelona when they had Ronalinho, yeah I love that guy. I saw Brazil play U.S. in Chicago, had a great time. Good game in my opinion, never seen so many yellow shirts in my life. I was wearing a Brazil jersey too. :D

14. thats cool man. you ever been to a fire game?

15. Die hard Rangers fan.

have a soft spot for Chelsea but they dont come close to my love for the Gers.

16. arsenal is my favorit club.

17. Holy shit haha Man City is going to buy everyone now.

18. Champions League has started.

19. man u will run the table again and be uefa and epl champs, mark my words