Foods to eat right after getting braces?

Discussion in 'General' started by nosrac95, May 3, 2011.

1. I got braces yesterday and my teeth hurt like a bitch. What soft foods should I try to eat? Do any of you have braces or have had them? If so, what were your favorite munchies that aren't hard and don't need much chewing? :)

2. Just blend everything

3. I had them when i was like 14, i don't really remember what i ate. Probably just a lot of soft foods, also your teeth shouldn't hurt for long, after a day or two you get used to them.

4. milkshakes all day... im serious... drink like 4-5 a day

5. I ate a lot of those little mandarin orange slices from a jar right after I got mine, haha. Soup, yogurt, milkshakes...you'll be fine in a few days. I dunno about munchies though, I found smoking right after I got them made me focus more on how much they hurt, and also I couldn't eat anything I wanted to, which was unpleasant lol.

6. soups, canned fruit, tea.

And I found eating corn, peas, beans [anything starchy inside a skin] was a royal pain in the ass, the skins get caught on the metal bits. [I had old school braces, metal bands driven down around the teeth, and connected with wires, and rubber bands from my eyeteeth on the top to the molars on the bottom.]

7. Canna-peanut butter. :smoke:

8. yogurt, mash potatoes, anything blended,

stay away from: oranges, apples, hard food, corn

9. Doritos, Crunchers, Cheez-its, Oreos, carrots, fried chicken, jolly ranchers...

10. At least it will prevent you from eating dick.

11. Chew into some good ole

ROCKS
    [​IMG]

12. #14 Flonkas, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ouch and I don't even have braces!

13. Haha I laughed pretty hard when I saw that!