Food Shortage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElRanchoDeluxe, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Its better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war. -?

This is how civilization collapses. No food. No peace. This was the modern version of ‘let them eat cake. FJB.
    RD

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. I agree. Have been stocking up on canned goods and things that store well. Like water. Like I posted in another thread I did 2 tomato plants last year, plan on upping the ante this year.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. get the seeds bro,for all your veggie needs,dont buy them go to the organic section,buy potato,tomato,squash,beans ,peas,dry them out and plant bro
    i tell you what mama came home with a 4 pack of tomatoes 2 years ago,no name just organic grown,about the size of a baseball. we ate them and i saved the seeds,put them in a strainer and run water over them to get all the jel and goo off,take um and put them on a paper plate and let them dry out.
    i planted them things last year ,planted 6 of them,not even expecting much,i kid you not ,i had to take a pair of loopers to them,i couldnt even give tem away there was so many,even the feed store couldnt give anymore away ahaha best tasting tomato i ever ate too,plants got about 6 ft tall and bushed out around 3 ft wide nice firm tomato with not many seeds in them,were great fried and sandwiches too.
    you cant beat tomato for munchies

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. all them dried beans on the shelf,paper towel them the same way you do your medicine soon as the pop a tail plant um,damn them high price seeds

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've got dried beans up the ass. Well, not literally, but I do have a lot of them. Also reading/watching stuff on how to store veggies after harvesting. I have several mullberry trees in my yard and plan on jam this year too. Straw berries too. But they just keep growing no matter what I do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'm guessing part of this 'crisis' is ole joe trying to wag the dog. FJB...

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 old shol4evr, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    im getting pretty old,and one lesson i can share to all the younger crowd is this,every 4 years or 8 years,the economy flips upside down,especialy when the house swaps party after the election. nothing ever gets done,if it does the next som bitch that goes into that seat writes boco executive orders to stop or slow the process down,nothing ever gets done,so to say that president did something for man kind really is a smoke screen,aint shit ever done,in all my years this admin has puzzled the hell out of me though.
    think about this if they did try and fix things ,there be no need for politics,so keeping politics screaming across the universe keeps there jobs for 40 years
    democrates usally open fossil fuel drilling and spenditures,oil field worker thrive ,i know i use to be one back in 80"s, this admin has put us right back to gas lines,watch what i say,if they think they can go completly green over night,they better start dashing that wasted cash flow on some one else war and give home owners money to go green,that would be the first foot in the door,im talking about free money to convert my home to go green ,not paying it back either ,i didnt ask them to shut down pipe lines and such,i didnt ask them to replace coal fired power plants,they took that initiated that all by there self . that would be the first step to going green,so then you have empty shelves at the store,you dont have ammo supply,does any of this sound familar i know im a dip shit redneck but a fifth grader can figure this shit out hahaha.
    if you apply your needs before a election you are always ready for the crap that has come upon your door step now,
    there is a food shortage because all my homies driving trucks have had to shut there trucks down from fuel prices, again your green initiative, something else the folks that hire these jokers to sit in that seat didnt ask for, dems have always opened fossil fuel exploration ,when the seat goes to the rep oil fields shut down.
    hahah whom knows joes sure dont unless his teleprompter tells him so , so there the food shortage and fuel shortage
    ok so the old man walks to other side the room and plays bingo now,but believe my words
    it isnt a president doing all this ,but it is the party ,3 more years and it switch again

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I suspect getting food will be about as difficult as covid's been deadly to me so far. Little Brandon sure is good at fucking things up but when it comes to fear mongering propaganda you certainly can try harder. Well, no you probably can't. You're pretty awful at it tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The US will increase production he says.
    Lol, at least I think that is what he said.

It is funny how this Ukraine conflict adds another piece to the new world puzzle, and fit's right in with the anti farming climate change crisis they keep pushing. Wheat prices have doubled, but the cost to produce will be nearly double as well, with fuel and fertilizer prices. It will also hit livestock markets with feed prices soaring.

Something tells me a little garden isn't going to be enough this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I bought a red lobster restaurant. I dont worry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I’ve been keeping a close eye on this since the pandemic started. I was a little shocked Biden said anything so soon. His response was so lackluster.

Every day it gets a lil easier to connect the dots. Climate change, Covid, this war. It’s all the same script. I just added 180sf over the past couple days - could use more straw. This will all be planted with potatoes. 221453A0-6966-4F16-A710-7DC528CEFF52.jpeg 6759C859-B325-4227-BB4F-084E9A0B2210.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. We don't even know who's really in charge now. Biden told the American soldiers he had lunch with, 'you'll see the destruction when you get there (the Ukraine)'. Then he said 'Putin can't remain in power'. Then the white house, whoever the hell that is, said no, that's not what he said. Well they were called out and they changed their tune to 'well that's not what he meant.'. The so called 'leader' of the free world is either a dementia addled old man who shouldn't be speaking about such things, or he's an idiot. Pick your poison I guess. I dislike both parties but he's an extreme embarrassment to our nation when 'someone' in the White House has to constantly take back what he says to the world. Having him in charge of our nuclear weapons is like giving my 6 year old niece a loaded and cocked handgun...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. i seriously been thinking trying saw dust

• Like Like x 2
  14. I have to do something like that, we have so much clay content by harvest time the shit is like concrete. I need to start hoarding jar lids right now, they get pretty tough to find later on, at least for the last couple years they have.

I haven't hunted in years, that may change this year. Having some extra meat in the freezer is always a good thing, but this year it might be a necessity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Maybe we will soon see who is pulling the puppet strings when the SOB is impeached or commits suicide. We all will be wondering who will have to pull kamella brillo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Well the horses are fed wheres your garden.lol

17. the price of a hunting licence will cost you a week pay, then if you buy a forest tag add another half week

18. Get a chicken flock going if you can. Just a few free range hens and a roo can provide a lot of food and be self sustaining. I have a large flock and hardly need to buy feed. They'll eat any food scraps (zero food waste), eat every bug they find, eat mice, snakes, fertilize your yard and garden. 10/10 highly recommend. If you have little ones around they will love the chickens

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. My wife was raised on a farm. Feels good.

I'm useless in the natural world. Been giving that a lot of thought recently.

• Like Like x 5
  20. rabbit farming,2 bucks 4 doe will give you more than enough to feed a family of 4,a lot cleaner too and the fertilizer is even better in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1