Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Food grade bubble hash tincture ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DaShark, Jul 5, 2020.

1. So i have had great success with trim and bud Alcohol extraction. I use 190 everclear cold extraction (Green dragon lite) to make a concentrated tincture. After double boiling it down i add it back to vodka for cocktails. My origin goal was to make a one shot dose (5-10mg). I nailed it! (Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes )
    My question is how to convert this recipe using food grade bubble hash and 151 bacardi to be added into a bottle Of Captain Morgan’s. For some reason, i feel like the hash flavor will mix better with a sweet rum. I am assuming the recipe will be similar to what i am already doing. Planning to de carb the same way, but, really want to know how much of the low grade bubble hash to use in the recipe. Im thinking about 3g to make 1/5 of drinkable rum.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you have any clue to how strong your hash is? I assume that "food grade" hash is lower quality than "smoking grade". Pick a percentage and go from there. If it's 30%, 300mg/g, then you'll have 900mg in that bottle of rum if making a "fifth", 750ml. That's little more than 1mg/ml and with a shot being 30ml (shot glass), you'd get 25 shots.

I would just make the tincture with the 151 but not evaporate it at all. Evaporating it serves no purpose since you're not trying to concentrate it. There should be no separation because there's plenty of alcohol to keep it in solution. Be sure to mark your bottle. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Percentage is the big question. Have yet to find a reliable method of testing, especially for the vodka.
    The bubble hash was made from high quality trim. Best guess is about 10%. As far as food grade , I’m only smoking

B30A9DA6-0211-4799-9655-39B760988618.jpeg the highest filter or two. The rest is all going together for edibles/rum. I am thinking of 3-5grams of de carbed bubble hash to start with. I usually use a ot 7grams of the trim for one bottle or 5grams of bud.
    And i agree about not evaporating. I did for the 190 everclear to lower the alcohol content of the end product. I wanted vodka, not rocket fuel. Didn’t plan on doing it to the 151. And I always mark my bottle:

4. There shouldn't be any issue with the vodka, either. There's still plenty of alcohol in a fifth to keep it in solution. I'm not sure that there will be much of a cannabis flavor with it being that dilute but it should fit right in with the rum flavor more than the vodka. :mellow:

5. on another note, i just realized that it was your tincture recipe i used to start as the foundation for my vodka. It has made dozens of people very happy in these difficult times. All my people have bottomless bottles . Free refills for life. Thanks Sam!

• Like Like x 1

6. I’m not worried about it staying in solution. It is very solid. I have perfected filtration with a Buchner filter so it comes out very pure. I’m more concerned about the high alcohol content of the 190 everclear. That being said, i do notice a difference in effects when the alcohol gets warm. I’m exited to do this rum experiment since it will all be done cold.

7. Thank you. That's what it's all about for me and makes it all worthwhile.

The small amount of 190 you use to infuse the vodka, or rum, shouldn't really affect the abv level in that much volume. For example, if you used 30ml of your reduced 190 tincture in 720ml of 80 proof (+30ml=750), you would have an increase of approx 20% abv (alcohol by volume), closer to 100 proof. The 190 is a bit over twice as much alcohol as the 80. :)

8. That is exactly why i reduce it. I can make about 100ml of concentrate that will make 3-4 big bottles of vodka. I store it in a wine fridge and it ages nicely. Tends to get a bit stronger with age.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’m thinking a second wash may not be necessary with the bubble hash? Not sure how much solids will be left after the first wash. It’s all in the freezer ready to go for tomorrow. Thanks Sam!

10. I just give a quick rinse and squeeze it out but that's not really necessary with hash. It sounds like you've got something good and well thought out there. :thumbsup:

11. You mean the trim was 10%? Because your has would be much stronger. I once checked my kief and it was about 60% according to the measurement, but in my calculations I use 50%.

12. Hard to say. It has a bunch of little popcorn nugs mixed in so it should be fairly potent. The three grams i have prepped may end up making two fifths. Oh well, Quality problem.....

• Like Like x 1