food for the week

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by cLo escobar, Jan 19, 2011.

1. hey what do you guys eat during the week.

ive only been eating grilled chicken and pizza most of the week, and steak once a week. I dont really know anything else to eat so i want some ideas(only easy, basic stuff to make)

2. Hey man heres a good shopping list someone wrote up, all high protein/low fat food. go wild

3. :hello:

Just found a new favorite dessert/breakfast snack, called 'real fruit pizza' by Eggo brand.

4. Im no expert but for cutting i have heard
    steer clear of fruits as in NO fruit what so ever!
    Also i was told that dairy should be avoided like milk
    because it has a low glycemic index but produce high insulinemic
    index which is similar effect from white bread.

But

i try to eat eggs every morning and get in a habit of that.
    lunch ussually chicken and veggies
    and dinner is ussually some sort of meat with legumes and veggies.

5. I mean if you want to be that strict go for it, but honestly it doesn't matter THAT much. Glycemic index isn't everything. A caloric deficit is the #1 factor in weight loss.

Personally I like to eat various frozen vegetables (obviously I unfreeze them) like broccoli, spinach, peas, green beans, and carrots with any kind of meat. I'll add some pasta or rice if I'm doing something that requires endurance later. I drink about a third of a gallon of milk a day as well. Breakfast for me is either cereal, eggs and bacon, or an omelette with some veggies and meat. I definitely eat a wider variety of foods than I listed here, but that's the backbone of my diet. I have a lot of examples of my meals in my training log thread (Intermittent Fasting- I am your guinea pig).

6. 0%milkftw

like fella said above all that madders is a calorie deficient + cardio. negative 3500 calories at the end of the week means 1 pound lost

Oats eggs tuna chicken and vegetables is all you need to survive :hello: (and maybe a few supps)

7. i usually will buy 2-3lbs of chicken and either cook it all just in a pan/broiler with olive oil, salt and pepper so all i have to do is reheat whatever i wanna use.

8. Fruits are good for you. Jason Statham says so. He'll eat 4 bananas at a time just because. He's pretty fuckin' ripped.

9. The problem with that is that Jason Statham is already ripped and thus has a higher metabolism; in addition, he works out a lot. He can handle 4 bananas at a time because his body uses all the calories. I'm not strict at all with fruit right now, but when I'm dieting down I do attempt not to overdo it. Fructose is a sugar like anything else. Fruit's great for a dessert and a snack especially if it's replacing chocolate cake and the like, but it's not an "eat as much as you want" food like most vegetables are during hypocaloric dieting.