Food everyone else likes, but you hate and visa versa

Discussion in 'General' started by My Fax, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Like the title says. What are some foods that everyone seems to like, but you hate? And what are foods that you like, but everyone else hates?

For me, Bacon. How can anyone eat Bacon? I just don't understand it. And especially first thing in the morning? Have you ever seen Bacon being cooked? Do you know how much grease is on just one strip? It's revolting.

Pickles. Wtf? Since when is salty and sour enjoyable? I pretty much gag when I see a person take a bite out of a pickle. Ever since I was little, I would always pick the pickles off my burgers. I tried to like them, there's just no way I could ever choke one down.

On the other hand..

Cottage Cheese is delicious. I could eat a big bowl of cottage cheese and go back for more. People are always like "ugh, how can you eat that?" And I'm like "how can you not?" Yea, it's curdled milk, but so is every other cheese pretty much.

2. can't say I like anything particularly unusual.

I do like the combination of tartar sauce and ketchup on a burger. Most people gag at he thought of those two condiments together but they work together magically.

gotta give ya props on the cottage cheese. that shit makes me wanna puke. i think it's mroe the texture than the taste

quick edit to agree with Rhythm on the chips and ketchup. delicious.

3. Hmmm. I eat just about everything. minus the eggplant, cottage cheese and whatever else I can't remember atm. I love to cook so not eating certain foods kind of limits me.

Ruffles with ketchup. I don't know why people don't do this but its just like french fries.

4. Definitely pickles, they suck so hard. I hate avocado as well :X

But not many people like Salt and Vinegar chips and I love them!

5. Turnips! for me they should be illegal really. They are so dammed disgusting.
    Ban the Mo'fo's

6. everyone is always saying how that nutella stuff is bomb as hell....

that shit is gross

7. I eat pasta and soup all 100% Italian and home made of course.

I don't really like much else but fruits and Veggies.

8. Pickles are fucking banging dawg, and they're good for you.

I can eat hotpeppers straight out the container, I've only met one other person who also did that, and thats my ex.

9. tomatoes. have you seen the inside of a tomato? ugh. ugh.

10. Cauliflower. Put one bit of cauliflower in any meal and I can't eat it. How the hell can people eat that crap? I eat pretty much everything else, though. What I don't understand is people who don't like liver. Liver is better than meat if it's prepared properly.

11. tomatos taste fine imo, but I hate that gooey shit on the inside that holds the seeds.
    Also, pickles taste like ass.

12. Tomatoes taste like nasty water to me. Even a fresh home grown tomato tastes horrible to me though I've tried to get myself to like it over the years.

13. nobody on here will like this prolly but i like cow tounge tacos. they sound nasty but just try one and if the person tells u its just beef u cant tell the diff.

i hate tomatos idk how any one can eat them

14. There aren't too many things I like that others don't, but there are a lot of things I hate that others like. For example:

Chocolate - Unless it's white chocolate

Cheese - Unless it's part of something else like a sandwich or pizza; otherwise, I can't stand it

Tomatoes - Similar to cheese, but it has to be processed into something like soup, sauce, etc.

Pickles - I once had very tiny chunks of pickes mixed into a tuna sandwich, and it was just enough to add a little kick to it without ruining the overall flavour. However, that was the exception, not the rule, because I otherwise hate pickles.

Watermelons - These are actually starting to grow on me, but they're still not the first thing I'd reach for on a plate of fruit.

Hot pockets/Pizza pops - I absolutely detest these things from years of being force fed them by my dumbfuck mother that thought me screaming "Please, stop making me eat these; they make me throw up!" meant "I can't get enough of these; buy more!" That's the same reason I hate a lot of things to this day, food or otherwise.

Oranges - Kind of ironic, really, since I love orange juice and screwdrivers.

Beer - Not sure if it counts as a food, but I still hate it. I prefer liquor, rum, etc.

Seafood - The only exception thus far being tuna.

Bananas - Too bland.

Spaghetti - This may be due to the fact that I've never had a plate that wasn't more cooking oil than pasta, but if I ever get one that was prepared by someone who actually knew what they were doing, I would probably like it. "I'm sorry, but I ordered spaghetti, not noodle soup...."

Coffee - If I wanted to have the taste of burnt ass hairs in my mouth, I would eat burnt as hairs.

I think that's pretty much it, but there are probably some I forgot. Right now, the only thing I can think of that I like that most people don't is broccoli.

15. There's only two things I can think of that I don't like. I'm always open to trying new foods, and almost always like them.

The first one is coconut... that shit is disgusting. I don't mind the taste of it so much, it's just the texture. It's like plastic shavings or some kind of weird carrot..... nasty.

The other one is that weird globby mixture they give you on hamburgers at fast food places... most often McDonald's. It's a combination of ketchup, finely chopped onions, and pickles. I normally don't mind these three ingredients separately, but somehow they combine forces when they're on top of a hot piece of hamburger, and create a very disgusting flavor. Always gotta get my burgers plain.

16. This girl is afraid of pickles.... :eek:
    <object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GjxOt2u2BGM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

17. anything coconut, and cottage cheese sucks ass.

18. ginger, mustard and cilantro

19. I have met people that like mayonnaise on their bananas....Not a sexual innuendo.

20. That cant be real, holy shit.....I think this lady is schizophrenic, I watched the rest of the video and she really acts like she is...