Food Dehydrator To Dry Bud?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Mashiro, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Just curious? I've got one and it might make a cool experiment.

2. I dont see it turning out well. You will remove all the moisture without allowing time for all the chlorophyl and starches to break down.....that would make for some ultra-harsh tasting weed IMO.

3. Good to know. I'll keep the food in the food dehydrator. ;)

4. I need to get one of those bad boys, I love me some homemade jerky! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Yeah there is not a single good quick dry method. Period.

6. [quote name='"King of Kings"']Yeah there is not a single good quick dry method. Period.[/quote]

Second that!

I've used a few methods to quick-dry, and the potency just isn't there.

7. I have used a dehydrator for water cured buds. It works good for that purpose but would not recommend for quick drying.

8. as someone who recently used a food dehydrator to DRY my buds, i must say it works very well. set it on the lowest possible setting and let it go for 3-4 hrs. this should have enough of the moisture out that you can start your cure instead of waiting a week plus for them to air dry. i do recommend that you leave a couple of the wet buds aside just in case you over dry your bud in the dehydrator, the fresh bud will put moisture back into the dry buds, and allow for you to continue your proper cure. patience isnt one of my virtues and i must say i have not noticed a loss in potency, but mainly a loss of flavor, which should return with a good cure. mine have been in the jar a little over a week now and the flavor/smell is starting to return.