Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Food Allergies And Edibles.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by The Egg Man, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Hello Blades,

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and certain food allergies, along with the leaky gut that is common with FM. This being a pre-cursor to my real dilemma, any time I have eaten edibles of any potency (including a double dose of Rick Simpson oil) has not affected me.

I am a very heavy smoker and do often have trouble getting properly medicated but I always attributed this certain happening to my tolerance. Now that I have been discovering a little better how my body function in comparison to others, I have come to realize that I do not fully process food. You don't want to know some of the details of how I have come to find this out but trust me, this is what's going on.

I have read through BadKats stickies and understand Bioavailability in the limited form that she presented it. I also understand that somehow, lecithin, typically used as an emulsifier in food product, helps increase the bioavailability however this leads me to another problem. I'm allergic to soy and egg, the two sources that BadKat says you should get your lecithin from.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Everyone else seems to be able to enjoy edible and tinctures so much and I kind of want to try and limit my smoking. I have all ready quit tobacco. Interested to hear what you guys have to say. sorry it's so long.

2. it's been over a year but...

i would recommend seeing a tcm practitioner. i have several chonic conditions and been seeing one who is amazing. she could tell what conditions i had just from putting pressure on some points on my body without me telling her anything.
    it's all about having a balance of ying and yang which are associated with certain organs and energy lines that run through your body. many of my conditions are related to having a blocked liver which has stangnated my energy flow. she has given me chinese herbs and a list of foods to avoid and food that are beneficial and i've been feeling so much better.

try to find one who is actually chinese. western practitioners may be okay but you should really be giving your money to someone who is sharing their culture to help you rather than someone who is appropirative and probably doesn't fully understand what they are doing. western medicine does nothing to help chronic comditions like fibro except provide stong pain killers but many of these actually worsen your health and can make conditions and pain amplify because our bodies can't fully process them and they clog up our processing organs.

it's good you have quit tobacco, it's terrible for chronic illness unless you have mental health issues that mean you need to have nicotine.

good luck!

3. You don't have to use the lecithin, she just suggests you do because it does add something to the final product. If you are allergic to it, just leave it out. You can still make some very potent coconut oil, especially using hash. 

Also, as she suggests, play with the oils. Everyone's liver processes THC differently, into the psyschoactive 11-Hydroxy-THC. Getting your liver to metabolize the Delta 9 into the 11 Hydroxy is the key to getting you medicated. A very high concentration is also key until you figure that out. 

Optionally, if you just really need some relief and want to get high, rectally is a way to bypass the liver and take it straight to the brain. 

4. my mom has fibromyalgia.

cannabis is the only thing that helps her.

but she prefers to use it in pill form.

no smoking.