Follow My Grow!! 3rd Plant Making A Journal For This Grow... TAKE THIS JOURNEY WITH ME!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Sypha, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Sprouted these seeds using the paper towel method.. (monday)

They sprouted and i placed them in soil..
    (Wednesday)

Today Thursday i got a seedling popping up.. wish me luck.

Had on my window sill.. brought it in today & placed it under a 100w 5600k cfl till its mature.

(Still dirty like a bby that just came out the womb)

IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0813.JPG IMG_0814.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'll follow along though you need to get the seedlings out of that mud....they will suffocate. Soil should be light and fluffy with water pouring right through it ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #3 Sypha, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Thanks for the advice and the good info bud..

How can i move it if the roots arent set yet.. can i just move the whole thing mud & all to a bigger pot and add soil around it??

4. I wouldn't add soil around it as it'll still be in mud......grab a spoon and scoop it out then take a cup of water or spray bottle and rinse it off then transfer it to a new pot with just damp soil.....you should be able to make a ball with it that will break apart when you poke it

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 growNepal, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Make sure you have 30% perlite mixed in the new soil you are going to make.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I bought perlite ill have to add it in..

30% perlite to 70% soil.. got it.

Ill be taking as much water as possible out then transplanting to final home first thing in the morning.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Update: changed the pot & fixed the mud issue.. the new home looks alot more cozier too.. thanks for the advice @growNepal ..

Got it under a 23w =100w cfl till it matures then off to the vegging space.

Cleaned it off a bit i didnt want to be too rough on the leaves.. & aded about 30% perlite to the soil..

I think were good for now!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks MUCH better! They'll be happier too and you will be as well once they settle in over the next couple of weeks ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks.. im not sure the sex so i hope i get lucky..

Hopefully when its time ill put a clone piece in 12/12 to determin sex early so i wont waste my time growing the whole plant out.

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 MomOnTheRun, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    There is a neat little trick you can try.......
    When they reach the 5th node, give them 4 nights of 12/12 then turn them back to the vegging schedule you had them on...you'll see sex in ~7-10 days and won't have to reveg them or have unnecessary clones ;)

Edit: 4 nights of 12/12, not 2

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Are you sure that works for showing sex but still veg??

Smoke-A-Lot

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yup! Its just enough to have the reaction like how far red lights for 15 min before and 15 min after lights come on then again before lights go out is enough to have the plant "go to sleep" and wake up faster....I played around with that on one of my winter grows.

Alternatively, you can top them and keep them in veg sending the new cuts straight into 12/12 and sex them which is what most people do

14. Yea i was going to put my cuttings into 12/12 n reveal the sex that way!!
    But ur way sounds a lot easier.

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  15. You can try both at the same time as both tactics are useful.....4 days 12/12 if need to reduce numbers or clones on 12/12 if you need to replace males with females ;)

16. I have 1 flowering for about 2/3 days now..

Then this grow will follow.. i just bought some seeds from https://www.gyo.green so i know theyll be fems forsure.

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big update:

So i went to look at the plant i like to talk to it & chill with it when i smoke..

Anyway i had a small cup with water in the grow space wit other sprouted seedlings.. as you can see from the first pic when i germinated the seeds i germinated multiple.. instead of trashing the ones i didnt pick i put them in a small cup of water and just left them in the grow space..

Well turns out those seedling chillin in a cup started turning green and forming little seedling leaves on em’ so i planted in soil them since they seem to have already sprouted..

Their all from unknown genetics..

Fingers crossed hoping for the best..
    So instead of 1 theirs a total of 3 now..
    They look good.. what you all think.!

Heres after i placed them in soil
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  18. Update:

5 days since popping out the dirt & its going great..

[​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  19. Their was 3.. lol
    The other 2 small seedling didnt make it..

Luckily i had other seeds already germinating..

I placed them where the now dead seedling were placed and theese have sprouted on their own from the soil & they seem to be taking off good.

Placed them in the soil lastnight (latenight)
    And their showing signs of life already.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So now theirs a total of 4..
    I dont have anymore pots or space so ill be sticking to these 4 only for now

[​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 2
  20. Update.. the plants are doing great..

Not focused on these anymore.. more concerned with the seeds i ordered from gyo seeds..

These are the plants for this post.. if youll like to see my other grows plz follow..

Topped this 1 to get it ready for mainlining “manifolding” ill just use these to prectice training tecniques..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2