Follow me in my first aeroponic/hydroponic grow tour

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XxGr03xX, Sep 13, 2010.

1. This is my first time doing aeroponic/hydroponic grow only because I moved to a smaller residence and though it would be a good idea to start something new. I will describe each step I take from the beginning to the end of my new experience. Hopefully this will help many people who are thinking about growing hydroponically and will teach how to sustain a healthy plant and also if I run into trouble, how I did to correct my mistakes.

So first I want to show you my setup and what I got online to start all this. My setup consists simply of:

. A 80x80x160 cm grow tent (which has reflective Mylar interior) go this for around $80 online (discount).
    . 40 litre tub which will hold the baskets and the plants for $10
    . 1 400 watt HPS setup with ballast and cool tube for around $70
    . 1 150 watt CFL bulb for $30
    . 1 air pump with two exits with airstones for $20
    . 1 water pump for a top feeding system $8
    . 1 carbon filter with exhaust fan $70
    . all accessories like cables, silicone tubes, easy rollers, small fan, pH tester and yada yada add $30

Grand Total: $310

Now this is an expensive setup and there are many ways to reduce the price by either making everything yourself. I unfortunately didn't have the proper tools at my disposal. There are many tutorials on how to create your own carbon filter, grow box, bubble buckets, and many different kinds of aeroponic/hydroponic setups here on grasscity. The thing that will cost you the most will probably be the ballast and the bulbs (HPS, CFL, MH).

I will upload photos when I have everything set up. I just got everything I needed in the mail a few days ago :)

2. You should think about a grow journal. There's a separate area on the grow forum for journals.

Good luck with your grow! Looks like a solid setup.

3. Looking good, I would go with a grow journal. Follow my grow in my signature, it is also an Aeroponic grow.