foliar spraying?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 1956, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Would love to hear other peoples experiences, thoughts, or opinions on foliar spraying.

2. two words. Worm tea.

3. i've read several places cannabis doesn't foliage feed... any evidence otherwise?

4. :eek:

5. I give mine
    cal.
    kelp
    fulvic acid
    neptunes harvest
    1/4 if it says 1 table spoon per gallon it gets 1/4
    epson salt

6. RO

I was reading the Neptune's Harvest bottle and it stated that it should be applied when cool. Here in s. cal. we have June Gloom, almost all the scrub oak has powdery mildew. Bacteria heaven. Any thoughts?

7. yes when cool, I used this copper stuff,or Hydrogen Peroxide like what you get at walmart spray the shit out of it.

8. you may be thinking about the advice given that you not spray anything on your plants once flowering begins. During Veg it is ok.

9. anybody done a side by side of foliage fed plants is my question?

i get 10 ft monsters without foliage feeding... i mean how much bigger we talking? :p

10. Imo foliar only benefits if your soil is poor or you are having some sort of uptake issue caused by Ph lockout or some other related issue otherwise your plants should be able to take it everything it needs for growth from whatever it is rooted in. Saying that it is helpful for diagnosing deficiencies for instance you suspect a magnesium deff if you foliar feed with a mild solution of water and Epsom salt and the issue improve you know that adding that to the plants diet will improve your situation.

11. That's how you have to feed your clones because they don't have roots yet to uptake the nutrients. And my understanding is that you have to spray the underside of the leaves.