Foliar spraying plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mapo71, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Just have a few basic questions I can't seem to find on the internet about foliar spraying plants. I'm have a hydroponic system and I'm using the flora trio nutrient set and also supplementing with cal-mag plus. Even though I am tanking feed would foliar spraying be beneficial? If so wpuld you recommend just using the cal-mag as the spray or something else? Would love to hear about peoples experience with trying this method out.

2. I foliar spray seedlings until they have developed strong roots and foliar feeding is no longer practical and they need more. Once a plant becomes established foliar feeding is relatively less efficient. After seeing the results of foliar feeding seedlings it's all I use exclusively. Some drips down off the leaves and efficiently waters the shallow roots. PH is not critical and they can take very very high ppm without burning, but high ppm is absolutely no better than low ppm, or at least average young plant ppm. A leaf can only absorb so much. I first spray water to achieve proper hydration and I suppose wash off any residue, and then foliar feed immediately.