Foliar Feeding

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mickie20001, Jul 15, 2019.

1. What's happening my good people.

Quick Question.

1st outdoor grow and I'm learning to leave my plants alone. Was watering small amounts daily - now I'm letting the plants dry out a bit and feeding multiple gallons 2X/week

Saturdays get a nice soil feeding of Nutrient Water (Organic go-box) and then Wednesday's gets a nice soil feeding of plain water.

Since Wednesday is my NON-NUTRIENT day, I was thinking about mixing up a gallon of spray with some Fox Farms Kelp Me Kelp You and doing a foliar feeding on Tuesday night after the sun goes down.

I was thinking on Tuesday night the plant would be a little thirsty so a foliar feeding would be accepted well.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Depends on what stage your plants are in. Are you still in veg or flower? If I was foliar feeding in veg, I would be using Verde 16-1-2, and when I foliar scary I make sure that I spray underneath the leaves as well. That's in my experience.

3. I'm in Northern CA so I'll be in veg for another 3 weeks or so I'm thinking. I've heard around Aug 1 is when flowers start.

@Mahmo - Do you stop foliar when you hit flower or do you use a different product?

4. I am in NorCal as well. So unless you want your plants to flip early I would be using Verde or something like the ratio of 16-1-2. Good luck with your grow.

5. IMO your logic is right on . Foliars are a great technique to us between feedings. it’s good way to give them a little push without going over board. Kelp is great choice for foliar, its loaded with trace minerals and plant hormones. I think you have right idea doing the foliar between waterings. I think if the soil is some what dry the plant will use more energy taking in moisture through its dermal system (leaves&stems). Night time is always best or right around sunset. I would avoid doing the foliar in direct sun to avoid any burning. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I only foliar feed during the veg stage. My understanding of Kelp Me Kelp You is not a foliar feed. It is designed to feed your soil and root system for microbial and macronutrients because it has a very low NPK ratio and is kelp based. I mainly use kelp, and other fish oils, crab concentrates, molasses and organic compost when I brew my tea which is once a week to feed soil and promote healthy roots and good uptake of nutrients. When my plants go into pre flower I start reducing "N" ratio and boost "P" & "K", to promote the budding process. We all have different methods and these have served me very well. Good Luck!

7. Yessir good job . Most beginner growers fuck up their plants from too much TLC. They are called a weed because well they are. They would grow fine and flower without our help. Buds be pretty small though.