foliar feeding only, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ISTANDALONE, Jun 25, 2007.

1. i was thinking this past weekend when i was flushing my ladies, about a foliar feed only grow. is it possible, or feasable? i know when they are flowering that foliar feeding isn't reccomended because of the risk of mold setting in. lets say i can have the perfect enviornmental conditions for mold not to grow-warm temps and little to no humididty, so mold won't have a chance to set in. this would maybe prevent you from having to flush your medium, and possibly prevent nute burn due to the plant only taking in what it needs. any ideas on this? is this a completley stupid idea? am i just too high right now and better off not pondering shit like this? thanks in advance for the responces.

2. I'm no expert, but I think the idea of flushing is ultimately to get any fertilizers or non-wanted chemicals out of the plant (as opposed to the medium) before harvesting. Seems like it would take longer to flush from leaf intake since the roots are the main feeding source for the plant, if possible at all...

3. I doubt it'd make much of a difference in the flushing process... You'd still wanna do the flush to make sure the plant isn't storying any nutes that you don't want to smoke (phosphorus, for example)... As for the nute-burn part -- I have no idea, sorry.

4. i guess i didn't think that through completely. but also, i was trying to make the point that you would not need to worry about toxic build-up of ferts in the soil. thanks for the replys, though. i think i'll have to try this and probly make a thread/journal about it.

5. I could see it minimizing over fert problems and build up within the soil. I'll be awaiting the foliar only journal :D

6. look for it toward the end of august. i'm harvesting two clones within a few weeks, and then once i flower the clones i have vegging now i'm going to start a new grow using "big bang" femmed from cannabean- but i forgot who the breeder is. there will be a thread about that, i promise.