Foiler feed.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sgtstadanko, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I have been doing some reading an thinking about trying it out this summer. Any one else use them or have thoughts about using them. The one I have is a sea kelp base one I think. 6-11-5.

2. I haven't done it myself but know a friend that swears by it. But I have read quite a bit about foliar feeding recently and am planning on doing it this season. Everybody should.

Some important facts:

1- The leaves have pores (stomata) that open and close to regulate different absorptions of CO2, nutrients, water etc..

2- If you have a deficiency of some sort, foliar feeding is great because you can directly apply the needed nutrients to exactly the places that need it.

3- When the plants are young( first couple weeks or so) make sure you dilute your solution more than you would when they are older because young plants can only take so much. (Should be a given)

4- Lastly, dont foliar feed past week 3 or 4 of flowering because the buds are maturing and are susceptible to mold and diseases.

There is other good info but thats what I have off the top of my head. IF you have other ?'s lemme know

3. Also, my friend uses a kelp/seaweed solution like you have and he loves results. I can probably find out his feeding schedule if needed also.

4. Yea mine I just put outside an hit them
    With some today so we will see how they like it. I figured it would help them nicely during the veg period. Thanks for the input.

5. They should love it. I saw a controlled side by side on icmag of a foliar fed and soil fed plant vs soil fed plant only and the foliar fed one was much healthier and robust.

Hit em with some carbonated water once in a while as opposed to regular water in your solution and they will love that also.

6. [quote name='"Herbs Bro"']They should love it. I saw a controlled side by side on icmag of a foliar fed and soil fed plant vs soil fed plant only and the foliar fed one was much healthier and robust.

Hit em with some carbonated water once in a while as opposed to regular water in your solution and they will love that also.[/quote]

I haven't heard that one. It won't make them
    Sticker. What is the Benefit of co2 water

7. Aeration I would imagine, I've heard that small amounts of peroxide in the water help too.

8. Well supplemental CO2 has been proven to enhance photosynthesis among plants. All living things need CO2. And CO2 is in seltzer water so it can be used as the co2 supplement, although some people say (on here as well as other sites) that there is more CO2 in a few human breaths than there is in a bottle of seltzer water.

9. im interested in try foiler feeding but im not really sure how it works with watering. cause you can excately foiler feed 2 gallons of water on a plant? thatd take forever

10. I have never seen the benefits of foliar feeding when outdoors unless there is a specific deficiency you are trying to address or if the ph is too off for the plant to take up nutrients. Then you can foliar feed until you get the ph in order or the deficiency taken care of. Call me old fashioned but I think rainwater is nature's way of foliar feeding. I would like to see a side by side comparison done outdoors.

11. [quote name='"earlycyler"']I have never seen the benefits of foliar feeding when outdoors unless there is a specific deficiency you are trying to address or if the ph is too off for the plant to take up nutrients. Then you can foliar feed until you get the ph in order or the deficiency taken care of. Call me old fashioned but I think rainwater is nature's way of foliar feeding. I would like to see a side by side comparison done outdoors.[/quote]

I might have to try that this summer. Not do
    It on a couple an see

12. If you do document everything so we can see if there are truly any benefits to it. I have always been intrigued by it I just don't like spraying anything on the leaves unless I have too.