Foil

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by buddies buds, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Put foil up on the walls to reflect light. I was told that I should not use foil because it can burn the plants. Is this true?

2. I have no idea. I just finished the interior in My Stealth Speaker Box with foil. Will be posting pictures later on.

3. I have heard it makes hot spots, and can burn your plants. I'm thinking more along the lines of a magnifying glass and an ant, except reflecting off the foil. Id buy some kilz flat white primer and throw a few coats on. It will be a lot better then the foil dudes.

4. Well This is My first grow and I'm VERY low budget.

5. hmmm iv heard you can crumple the foil up to make it all rough to the touch, not just a flat sheet,and it will reduce the number of flat spots you get...notice i say it will REDUCE the amount, it wont completely get rid of them. Good luck on the first grow:)
    365daysofGrowin

6. Use mylar. Foil looks super reflective, but actually absorbs alot of the light spectrum. Mylar will reflect much better.

If that's not an option, then paint the walls white. Ditch the foil.

7. Mylar reflects up to 90% of the light as mrgoodsmoke said. Foil is something like 40%.

8. Wouldn't more reflection increase chances of burning the plants?