foil tape

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by curtropolis420, Dec 19, 2009.

1. #1 curtropolis420, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
    seems to be just as reflective as mylar and have the same purple see throughness of it but i wanna make sure people agree with me before i tape my walls in the new cab or just take the effort to put sheets up....

2. Dude...just buy some Mylar...they sell it online in all different sizes and roll lengths. it's 10X better and worth a couple of extra bucks.

3. you might regret it. foil tape may reflect heat from your lights, making your cab too hot. i regret not painting the walls of my cab white with elastomeric roof coating, available at most hardware/home improvement stores.

4. white material is not reflective as silver material but it absorbs heat better

5. Just buy some emergency blankets they are mylar and super cheap

6. just go get some silver xmas gift wrapping. im pretty sure it's mylar and cheap during this season.

reflectix tape is~ 4$ for a 30' roll= not cheap if you need lots.

7. no offense but non of these answers were needed i have mylar i'm just o lazy to put up sheets lol i just wanna know if the tape is nearly as reflective

8. Don't use any material that you can see through -- how reflective can it be if it is letting light pass through?

Don't use foil tape and don't use space blankets. Either use flat bright white paint, panda film, or horticulture-grade mylar (meaning at least 1 ml thick and comes on a roll).

Mylar can be a little tricky to deal with, the easiest way is to use velcro so that you can adjust and pull it tight in all corners to get the surface mirror-smooth.