Fogponics vs hydroponic

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Dioge, Jan 14, 2017.

1. I'm just wondering which one I should attempt doing? And what nutrients I should go for? Which actual system is best?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. from all of my research i decided to go with Aeroponics. The equipment does cost more; but from my research fogponics appear to only be useful for cloning because once some roots are established, the fog is suffocating. the fog of a typical subsonic system creates a fog/mist that is too light and devoid of oxygen.
    bonus tip: i made my timing controller with an Arduino micro-controller for about 50-60 bucks and awfully easy

3. I use fogponics for my grow and have been for years.
    There are caveats, but it works and works very well.

4. Can you elaborate a little bit on these caveats please? I'm have a few ideas but Im not like an experienced vet or anything so some pointers would be amazing

5. Aeroponic is very good for cloning. Having bigger plants would require high level of monitoring if I understand it right

6. Do what you think is best! Definitely factor it all in as to power usages, heat, time to build and footprint in your space. For hydro you have to keep that water temp down in the 60s-70s more will bring pests and root issues.

7. 1. The foggers that are available DISSOLVE in the nutrient solution (soup). They only one I found that doesn't is from John's House of Hydro. It is stainless steel.
    2. The power transformer that come with most foggers are JUNK. You can almost bet that when the fogger fails (they fail) it takes out the transformer.
    3. They generate heat. You will have to have a chiller if the fogger is in the soup.

8. so just so i have this correct,

1. even the foggers from the house of hydro will fail eventually? they just wont disolve in the soup.
    2. when you say the transformers that come with most foggers are junk, can i assume that means the one that comes with the fogger from H.o.H isnt crap?
    3. would the chiller be enough to keep the root zone in the right temp? or like if i ran the fogger on a timer would it help?
    4. can i use fogponics the entire grow? or is it something that requires a secondary system to be in place?
    my original plan was to keep the soup in a larger resevior with an airstone or 2 (probably outside of my tent) that contains the fogger and to have a fan fushing the fog into another container that has the plants in it ( or possibly through a container with something in it to cool off the fog and then into the container with the plants)

9. what do you mean the fog is suffocating but too light and devoid of oxygen? wouldnt the fog be full of oxygen is you incorporate a fan into the system?

10. All foggers fail after a while. I replace at least once a year.
    I replaced the OEM transformers with a 24vac "low voltage" transformer that is about $120.00 and will probably last forever.
    You can use fogging for the entire grow. I have mine on timers.
    Check out the link to my rig in the signature.

• Like Like x 1