Fogponics(Advanced Aero)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by thosevacanteyes, Jun 10, 2008.

1. So the new issue of H.T. arrived in the mail today, and on page 64 there is an article that deals with an advanced aeroponics system know as FOGponics.

It actually uses a fogger rather than a mister. I must say that I am entranced. The article is a def. read for any hydroponic grower. The photos of the fogger in action are nice as well.

Has anyone else heard of this new method or aero?

-C

2. yes i have heard of this and was actually gonna use this mesthod but was skeptical for the fogger/mister to become clogged so easy.. So i just used aero

3. i've heard good things about using fog. theres actually a little setup at my hydro store where i can see it in action.

the good thing about foggers is that they cant clog, as they use ultrasonic vibrations to produce the fog. they cannot clog, but you do have to replace their ceramic disks every so often.

the only hard thing about using them is that you have to keep the fogger at a certain level below the water, but they do sell floats that keep the fogger at that specific level all the time.

so far, i have only seen them used in cloners, and they seem very effective. i have not seen a full grow with them though. i'm sure theres someone here that has actually used them, but i haven't, so my info is limited... sorry.

4. Next months High Times is the STASH awards issue, and I am very proud to say our very first product, the Fogponics Dominaero will be winning an award for "Best New Technology".:D

5. Owner of Fogponics? I thought it was a concept much like Hydro or Aero or Soil, didn't know you could own it. Or is it a company that make a fogponics table like the aero cloners out there?

I will definitely be building one when I can make a new cabinet :)

6. I Just read that whole article yesterday....That was pretty trippy...but DAMN...the thing looks like the inside of some biochemical test facility..(LOL)..I can't see how the initial cost or actual concept could be viable in the near future.

It was quite an interesting concept...that the roots hang down and nutrients are delivered through a fog machine (like they have at school damnces..LOL)..there are hung in rows along curved walls that close into a curved unit...HPS light is in the center...so it's like a group of people sitting around a campfire but virtically..

They never mentioned a increase comparison to other methods in yield ????..but a vegetated cycle looks pretty good...clearly clones (however taken) are immedietly flowered..it's just the roots dangle down with no root medium at all..JUST AIR....they claim a HUGE increse of oxygen to the roots compared to a soil or rockwwol set up is whats the benefit...(But how much???)..

-D

7. Ya see... it's shit like this that's gonna get me busted. I wanna do all this cool stuff with growing but I'm sure a fog machine would make noise. Why can't they just legalize it.... bah! I say!

8. fogging is easy... no noise-- make sure u get an ultrasonic fogger, not one that heats the water... it works good,, the roots are amazing with tons of little feeder roots...

9. Just looked up foggers. How many mL/hour of mist would you want to generate for a 5 g bucket? This seems like a realy simple, easy and effective way to grow!

10. Actually, I did trademark the word, so in a sense I guess I do own it. It is the brand name of the line of products we produce.

11. iv heard mixd emotions about the fog system... but high times definately sucks ass!

12. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of this being done? I put out several searches to no avail.

13. Haha no offense to Jesse James or anything, but i was looking to build my own "fogponics" clone machine. Would anyone happen to have any info for doing so?

Sorry man, theyre just so damn expensive:D

14. Haha I was at my last job a few months ago and looking at the ultrasonic humidifiers after reading about aeroponics and wondering if I could construct an aeroponic system out of one of the humidifiers. Looks like you can lol, only downside is most of that stuff seems like it would be very expensive and I dont know how easy it would be to do anything other than cloning with it. Gonna have to go pick up the new HT and check it out.

15. Just came across this on youtube, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvJ2fGXusU&feature=channel"]Build a Aeroponic Fogger for your hydroponic system[/ame]
    looks very interesting, would definatley like to try this method when i move out to my own place. has anyone tried this method yet?

16. Hey everyone. My system was just featured on a promo video for FogBox. I was one of there research sites (I got equipment at cost & lots of help). Check it ouy and let me know what you think.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvqlj62OolE"]YouTube - FogBox ? Hybrid Aero/Fog/DWC ? Grow System[/ame]

17. Man this thread has some great videos. The first video is by far the best example of implementing ultrasonic foggers I've found. Thanks to that I'll be augmenting my current aero tubs with fog based on that design (the fact it's top down seems ideal).

Now the 'fog box' video tripped me out since it's very similar to the hybrid (aero + DWC + fog) system I'm building out now. I've been tinkering with this stuff off and on for years (building systems but never putting into production) and just seemed to end up going with soil do to a lack of planning. All I can say is tubs are the way to grow. Commercial nature aside, that Fog Box video is a perfect example of all the ways you can run hydro-tubs. Stay tuned for a build / grow diary.

Oh and FogBoxer, nice to see another PDX.OR hydro tinkerer.[SIZE=-2px] I'd be down to trade notes with ya and the FogBox folks if ya'll are local (on here obviously)[/SIZE]

18. Here is my latest harvest with the FogBox Grow System

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQckarWi_o]YouTube - FogBox Big plant[/ame]

19. :hello: Just got my ExoTerra 1 head fogger and gonna try it out on my 50L bubbler box with 5 Jock Horror clones.

20. Hey everyone

I'm new to this community but i've been following for a few years. I have yet to complete a grow, but I am currently fathering a mother plant of Nirvana's White Widow which is low, tight, thick and healthy and packed with clones, getting it ready for my Aeroponic Fog system. I have a 10 head fogger that I will be using with a cycle timer and a pc fan to push the fog from one container where it will be produced to the growing chambers. It's getting wintery here in Canada, so this basement grow shouldn't have heat issues, but I am considering the possibilities of adding a water chiller later on or if it becomes an issue.

It is an expensive setup (for me), but I hope to have great results and I will be sure to post my findings. Like I said, I've been lurking for about 4 years now and feel well prepared for impressive results.

I have a 15gal garbage can that will connect to a 2gal reservoir via float valve where the fogger will be housed. My plan is to not recycle the runoff, and to configure the timer so there really isn't any, and there are no condensations "droplets" on the roots, preventing the uptake of the fine particles. I will be growing 4 plants without co2 (will come later, just don't have 1200$ for the controller/burner right now :p) in a 4x4 tent with a 1000w 6'' vortex cooled hps. Does anyone have any experience or advice they can pass along? I look forward to becoming a more active member of the community!

Also, I plan on feeding with the Lucas formula, and i'm using Teflon discs in the fogger.... did I forget anything? :p

Thanks everyone,
    "ultrasupersonic"