Foamy bho???

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mikeweezer80, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Had a weird experience with a run today. Ran it, purged it 2x, then collected it. At this point, it was a thick piece of shatter. I then put the dish with the shatter in the oven at 150 so it would melt down flat (something i like to do). Whenever i did this, on my other runs, it came out a nice flat piece of waxy taffy. This time, I looked and my dish was literally foaming! like half and inchc of foam bubbles. It settled down and porduced an inbetween of shatter butter that was bumpy from the foam bubbles I guess. What happened?

2. You made some sort of hash ? smoke it.

3. Was excited when I saw a reply. thought it was gonna be helpful:rolleyes:

4. The foam is likely butane; either that, or 150 is high enough to start vaping some good stuff(Maybe you had a very terpenoid strain)? I'm new at BHO, so take my thoughts lightly. Were I you I'd adjust the oven to 140 and wait until it stops bubbling/foaming; don't leave it in too long though if it never stops foaming. If it doesn't stop, weird!

5. How large were the bubbles? Let your errl cool, run your dabber through it, and try to notice any changes in it's translucency.

6. Ask over at TC. I'm super curious as well and almost positive they would know.

7. You cooked it?