Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Flying with weed stuff

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Aug 29, 2013.

1. So, I'm going to the US to visit my sister at college, and living in Norway, equipment can be anywhere from 2-5 times more expensive. I was thinking to buy a grinder, bubbler, magic flight, and maybe a bowl or 2 if I see any cool ones. I wouldn't use them there, as I know traveling with a used piece would be stupid as shit. I'd like to think it's legal, does anyone have any experience with this? Has anyone ever heard of anyone getting in trouble for this? I figure if it's unused there's nothing illegal about it, especially considering they're sold in stores legally

2. I've been in this situation quite a few times myself except not outside of the U.S. I thought i could offer up some of my knowledge.

Bringing clean glass and paraphernalia is OK. As long as you put it in your checked bag. Make sure you do NOT use them in any way or else you might as well just throw it away on your flight back home. Don't try to hide it in the bag put it somewhere visible such as on top or a side pocket.
    Make sure you secure the pieces with cushioning because the baggage guys do not just place your stuff down, they throw it aggressively to maximize time. Always take that into consideration as a broken bong in your bag when you get home would be very disappointing.

One last thing, don't even try to take weed home. This year all Major airports have a new system in place, full body scanners in every one, as well as upgraded xray scanners for bags.
    Hope i helped, good luck friend!

3. Yes in the USA its legal if it's unused. What will Norway say about the items upon arrival?

4. I brought with me a bong (50cm) and a grinder when I flew home from Holland a couple of months ago.
    Me and my friends just made sure we didn't bring anything that we used during our stay, so even if they would check our bags there would be nothing illegal with us.
    Also, if you would be stopped and asked, just play fucking stupid and say that it's a souvenier or something (might work better when you are flying from Holland though).

5. Not really sure how Norway would react to it, I figure I can get the magic flight across saying it's for tobacco(do people use it for tobacco?) and might have to be clever with a grinder, guess I'm using it to grind my tobacco, but as far as a bubbler goes I'm not totally sure how they'd react. Don't wanna get in trouble for it, I do live with my parents and I would get hell if I got caught bringing back weed equipment, but they do have headshops in Norway too, just that they're expensive as fuck, so I'm not totally sure how it would go. I believe one of my friends brought a grinder back from another country once, but that was a 3rd world country, I would maybe expect the US to be a bit stricter

6. #6 Ingjr, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    I'd save yourself the trouble and order it offer the interweb.

7. I would, but I live with parents who wouldn't support that, I do have there permission to smoke outside of the house, but I don't think they'd be a fan of weed equipment showing up at the front door, so I'd rather keep it on the down low

8. But should there be a problem? Not gonna do it if it's a problem, but I figure there isn't anything illegal about transporting items that can be legally purchased in both countries, even if they're intended for weed, officially, they are for "tobacco". Should the magic flight and the grinder be cool at least? That's what I'd most like to buy

9. No it shouldnt be a problem at all unless you use it before you take it on the plane. Just pack it in your checked baggage and go along with your travelling. As long as it's clean and unused there shouldn't be a problem at all.

10. It is not consider "weed stuff" or paraphernalia as long as you dont use it. If they ask, say its your tobacco pipe/herb grinder or whatever. Just dont use them before flying!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. And for the bubbler, call it a water pipe if asked. Everything you are talking about is legal.

This is what I figured, couldn't imagine it would be illegal, but who knows nowadays, TSA employees are some assholes, which was my only concern. Glad to get some confirmation though. What's the worst case though, would they just confiscate it? Can't imagine I could be legally punished

13. While they might be legal in both countries the TSA are dick heads and totally abuse their power. They can confiscate something they want. There are a lot of documented cases of people doing this. They confiscate something then it "disappears" I am sure they are taking them home. You might be fine if you get good people at the airport, but I wouldn't take the risk personally. I would consider it a much smaller risk to ship it home. Just get a nice box and packaged everything securely so it won't break, maybe throw some of your stuff in there. Ship it home to yourself. If the parents ask, just say that you got a couple things and there wasn't room in the suitcase so rather than checking another bag you had it sent home. As long as there are no used items in the box you should be completely safe. 

14. Kits you here

15. Is confiscating it the worst case though? If so, I think I'd risk it and bring a grinder and the magic flight and hope all goes well, worth the risk considering I'd be saving a little bit over 50% compared to what I would pay here, could send it, but my parents would be skeptical. Here upper secondary school ends in 13th grade, so even though I'm technically an adult now I'm still pretty much in high school, so they don't give me the same privacy and independent person would get

16. Not legally punished, but the tsa employees are dicks. I told them I had metal in my foot and that I had been told that I needed to get a pat down. They made me pass through the metal detector and then questioned me when it didnt go off like I did something so it wouldnt. They treat you like a fucking criminal for no reason sometimes.

17. so even if they would check our bags there would be nothing illegal with us.[​IMG]

18. if your grinder is small enough and your bum big enough you could ...  ;)