flying with vapes

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by PajamaSam, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,
    I searched the forums quite a bit and found nothing on this so I figured I would ask. I am trying to fly my Plenty vaporizer with me to stay with a friend for 3 weeks. The plenty has 100% interchangeable parts which means it would be pretty easy to clean it out, but I'm still worried .

I would be putting it in checked luggage, 100% clean, along with some clothes, amenities, etc. My friend has people who can set me up once I'm there so I have no desire or need to bring bud, this is solely for the vape. I do still have original packaging and etc. But would a dog be able to smell Kief that fell into the machine with repeated use? And would they search my checked bag cause the plenty looks like a gun or do they not search checked bags? Anyone else bring a VAPE (not weed, try not to break the rules) on a plane before ?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. #2 clamb, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    An "herbal" vaporizer is not illegal to fly with in the USA, along with waterpipes, cigarettes, etc. As long as there is no noticeable odor that would alert dogs, you should be fine. Honestly, I don't think anyone working within the airport would even know what it is.

3. Stick a bag of tobacco in with it in your checked luggage.

If you are really worried just mail it to where you are going to be.

4. I'm thinking about just buying shit when I get there.. reading stories about vapes on planes really turned me away. I'll just bring my pipe and smoke while I'm there I think.. I wouldn't want to lose my plenty.. :(

5. Interesting. What have you heard about it? I once went to Hawaii, and a buddy of mine just brought a pipe without any difficulty. A bong, vape, or whatever isn't much different. They can all be used for marijuana, but security have no right to take away an herbal vaporizer.

6. [quote name='"clamb"']Interesting. What have you heard about it? I once went to Hawaii, and a buddy of mine just brought a pipe without any difficulty. A bong, vape, or whatever isn't much different. They can all be used for marijuana, but security have no right to take away an herbal vaporizer.[/quote]

People taking apart the cano thinking its a bomb, people unable to clean the whole thing or given trouble cause of its heating element. I know it may sound silly to some but messing with my freedom isn't something I take lightly.
    I purchased a brand new bubbler and just took that actually. Worked fine and I'm going to just ISO it before I go back .

7. I think that you would be fine to be honest. The construction and design of the unit makes it look like it is a power tool. And if you were to be asked what it is you could just say it's a heat gun. Especially if you stored the hose in a different section.

8. That's very true actually, but the inability to completely clean it up means too close to a doggie and you're fucked :/