Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Flying with a Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GiantsSF, Nov 7, 2010.

1. In CA, can you fly with marijuana if you have a doctor's recommendation?

2. Even if you could, it might not be worth the hassle at the airport.

3. Absolutely not.

4. maybe if they actually considered it medicine

5. Perhaps if you fly within the state.

6. Although i don't reside in Cali; I would say no.

Usually flying will involve going through TSA....

Thus, Federal law trumps state law

I would say don't even think about it
    Even if your flying from Cali and stay with in Cali

Really though if you have a medical card and flying with in Cali, just pick up when you land

7. What if it's in my suitcase and not actually on me?

8. Frequently Asked Questions | California NORML

9. Can I take my medical marijuana on a plane?
    Some airports, like Los Angeles and Oakland are respectful of patients' rights, but others like Arcata and Burbank aren't. Since airports are Federal property it's a risk. If you're flying out of
    California, check for reciprocity with state law (if they have one).

sure theres more complete answers but that was the first off google

9. Are you kidding me?

You have a doctor's recommendation, it's not a get out of jail free card.
    Don't treat your recommendation like a right because it's a privilege to get one.

What are you going to say to the airport police when they ask you why is their drugs in your suitcase?
    Because you have a recommendation?
    A doctor's recommendation is just them stating that they think that ingesting marijuana helps, it's up to you to take your medicine though.

They'll look at and say that you're transporting drugs.

10. While in the state you are in the state. The NSA worker who search usually do nothing. They do not contact your destination that you are carrying cannabis.

A friend was "caught" with his stash and supplies in his carry on in Portland - he was headed for a non-cannabis state - when the stash was found - he showed his card and was sent through.

BTW shipwreck - this is a valid question.

clinton

11. "why is there drugs in your suitcase?"
    "that depends on your definition of the word 'is'..."
    lmao!!

12. I have flown within the state of California with cannabis on me. I never let anyone know that I have it... and even if I did I'm sure they wouldn't have done anything since I'm a patient.

As for flying outside of Cali... that's a big risk.... if you're caught somehow on the other end... but if you knew how ridiculously simple it was to get weed thru security with no problems (we're talking a small amount), it becomes difficult to NOT want to do it... :)

13. not fair! girl's have a spare orifice!

14. Who said anything about orifices? You don't have to stick weed in an orifice to get it through security. You could very well get through with it in your pocket, no problems.

15. Very true. Walked right through security in San Diego with 2 grams in my pocket.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBoSTjnpG64]YouTube - Medical Marijuana Now Allowed in Airports[/ame]

17. Well I know this thread is a little old, but I just got my Oregon OMMP card and I'm from TX. I was allowed to fly from Portland, OR to Dallas, TX with over an once of 6 different strains all still in their dispensary containers. My Oregon doctors office had a paper on the wall (Letter from Portland Airport Regarding Medical Marijuana) that states that I could fly with it and why... Intestingly enough I thought about it doing it for several days while I was in Portland and finally decided to go for it. Had no issues at the airport and landed safe in Dallas with it in my carry on bag...