flying with a piece

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by seanthetoker, Mar 11, 2012.

1. hey gc. I'm going to be flying out to aspen Colorado in a few weeks to ski. and I know of a head shop at the bottom of the mountain. my question is, will I be able to buy a piece and fly back home with it? I'm gonna be with my family and my parents don't want me smoking. I am 18 but there rule is I still live in their house. so I respect their rules.

But would I be able to put it in my bag and bring it home without getting questioned by security in front of my parents?

2. check it in dude, no questions asked.

3. #3 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    as long as it is unused you will be fine. if they question you about it say it's a gift for a friend and you have no intentions to smoke because you tried it once and never liked it. or something like that.

4. I would just mail it back but I'm guessing that's not an option with the parents involved.

5. [quote name='"iVapeTooMuch"']as long as it is unused you will be fine. if they question you about it say it's a gift for a friend and you have no intentions to smoke because you tried it once and never liked it. or something like that.[/quote]

This. They cannot legally take a pipe from you at security if it is not used.

6. #6 Deleted member 457210, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020

7. If it hasn't been used when you bring it on the plane you fine.

8. #8 Deleted member 457210, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020

9. Do answers like this get thrown up on GC pretty commonly?

I understand being high and not comprehending the OP sometimes, but this guy did it twice!

How is using papers going to help him buy a piece out in Colorado and fly it back home?
    Did you really just read the topic and think you could be witty/helpful at the same time with your answer?

Anyways, you'll be fine getting through airport security if it hasn't been used. Getting it back home without your parent's knowledge could be easier or harder depending on how nosy they are. Just keep the piece in a snowboard boot or in a glove or something like that if its a little piece.

If you're buying a 3' bong, GOOD LUCK.

10. If you're buying a piece then make sure you clean it before taking it on the plane. Use the highest percent ISO you can find.

11. Up the ass dude. Best way to smuggle weed, best way to smuggle a piece.

12. [quote name='"Wied420"']

Do answers like this get thrown up on GC pretty commonly?

I understand being high and not comprehending the OP sometimes, but this guy did it twice!

How is using papers going to help him buy a piece out in Colorado and fly it back home?
    Did you really just read the topic and think you could be witty/helpful at the same time with your answer?

Anyways, you'll be fine getting through airport security if it hasn't been used. Getting it back home without your parent's knowledge could be easier or harder depending on how nosy they are. Just keep the piece in a snowboard boot or in a glove or something like that if its a little piece.

If you're buying a 3' bong, GOOD LUCK.[/quote]

I never thought about hiding it in my boots or gloves. great idea!

I just want a nice piece for Colorado cause it will make me think of Colorado everytine I enjoy it. I live in Illinois but I was meant to live in Colorado. I think it would be nice to have a solid piece from aspen for the memories. I wont be using it in Colorado. keeping it clean till I come back

13. Attempting to conceal it is not a good idea at all with them having X-Ray machines at TSA stations. Have fun being tackled and/or arrested.

Stupidest advice ever.

14. If it is unused it is not A issue at all...

15. As long as you don't use it TSA will not take it from you, but then again you never know what TSA employee your dealing with so it is a possibility they give you a hard time in front of your parents. :)

16. What I find is harder is getting something to smoke while traveling.

The glass will be fine in checked luggage. Especially if you don't use it. It is just a clean glass piece. Plus Colo has Medical Cards so I just having the pipe won't get you in trouble.

And Wied ya most people read the OP and just make up some shit to put on the page. They are either trying to boost their numbers or are so messed up they think they are really being helpful.

17. clean that shit so its spotless, if they ask you say its for tabbacco

18. He won't need to as he has said that he won't be smoking out of it while on his trip.

He plans on buying a New piece and just wants to take it home with him like a Shot Glass souvenir.

19. Damn really? Worse than the people that told him to use papers?

I was trying to provide an inconspicuous, cushioned way to transport his UNUSED piece in a MM state airport in front of his PARENTS.

Smh I can't win Tanhands. Enjoy your trip OP, and good luck with your efforts.

20. If they say they're going to search you tell them. "Get back! Iv got a piece in my pocket!"

/watches news for story of dude getting shot at DIA