Flying Helicopters?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dizzy, Dec 26, 2020.

1. I find it annoying in the movies when guys are having conversations on CH47's or C130's. You can't hear yourself think on either one.
    The netting never really bothered me much. I could sit anywhere when I was 18 years old.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. So is that you in those old footage reels? :wave:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. No not that I know of .

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. #25 old shol4evr, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Been looking at Ultra lights ,, seen that scorpion , Don't no anything about them ..

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. #27 old shol4evr, Jan 3, 2021
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. How would someone go about finding out if the scorpion are a reliable .and don't have any weird problems ?
    I guess i would need a Scorpion mechanic when i go to look at it ..
    I don't know if my shop is tall enough ..

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Allot of Ifs ,,, if all the parts are there in decent shape , if there is assembly manual , if it will fit in my shop .
    If i can learn to fly it without hurting or killing myself .

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #31 old shol4evr, Jan 4, 2021
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I make a couple of phone calls see if i can find a seasoned scorpion mechanic ,

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. I've ridden in 3. One was with a crazy ex-Nam pilot that was trying hard to get the rotor pressure to flake off a piece of glacier in Alaska. Didn't work.
    They take off surprisingly smooth and aren't any noisier than most small private fix wing aircraft, but that's entirely dependent on the individual aircraft.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. You rode in a scorpion Helicopter ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Apparently they are one of the most effective military weapons and transports to date. Due to speed and their maneuverability. Garuntee you it is the next drone design.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. I have no idea what kind they were. The TP was just helicopters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I added the endorsement years ago but prefer fixed wing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Thanks i looked up the specs .

I guess i would want the scorpion II two seater .... I think I would want one with pontoons landing gear because I got this stupid dream of landing at some remote lakes in mountain areas and fish.
    160 to 180 miles on a tank of gas i not a turn on for me .. Buy the two seater and only fly solo and mount .
    another fuel tank .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Sorry I thought that you might of had experience flying in a Scorpion Helicopter

• Winner Winner x 1