Fly Agaric (Amanita Muscaria) advice please?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by zerothehero09, Sep 24, 2009.

1. I noticed some fantastic Fly Agaric mushrooms near my house last night, and I'm toying with the idea of going to pick them.

Can anyone give me advice on storage and preperation for taking them? I saw someone else (a middle aged guy) scouting them last night at nightfall, so the sooner I get out the better... :smoking:

2. why don't you just go grab 'em all before the other guy does?

edit: www.shroomery.org

3. I'd watch out with that. They can be dangerous if not prepared right.

Also, it will effect you in ways positive and negative. And with my own experience you should be very cautious about the power of it.

4. I don't know a lot about A. Muscaria. All I know about it is that it can be toxic if you don't prepare it correctly

Edit: Also, are you absolutely 100 percent sure that it's Amanita Muscaria?

5. Here's some advice, use fucking google.

I KNOW that there is info on how to prepare and store them since it's where I learned to do it. :rolleyes:

6. Be very careful, misidentifying of a mushroom can be the difference between life and death. Also make sure you are preparing it correctly, the power of the mushroom is extremely hard to gauge and can be completely different from one another even though it is the same species.

7. Thanks everyone, still not sure if I'm going to go out and get them. I've experienced nausea and extreme discomfort through hallucinogenic substances before (high doses of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds) and there are ways to combat that side of things.

I'm actually more interested in Psilocybin mushrooms at the moment, I'm planning on taking my first trip out to find some this weekend. Some friends have tipped me off on a good spot a couple of miles away. I've done a bit of research on them over the last couple of years and I'm just looking forward to trying it.

8. Amanita Muscaria mushrooms aren't really worth the time. Any one who says they are poisonous if don't prepare them right didn't do their research.

From my experience, the only way you are going to get anything out of it is if you boil them and eat them in a soup or as a tea.

9. I really advise against eating those unless you have previous experience with them. Some of those look like it, but they are actually deadly poison.

10. Then you've obviously never smoked them or heated them on low in an over to turn the ibotenic acid into muscimol.

Amanitas can be rewarding but it's definitely not a trip for everyone, nothing like psilocybin mushrooms or anything you can really think of. The trip is kinda like taking ambien and staying up but not as "nice".

If you don't take the time to heat them (the temp and procedure is out there) and get rid of the ibotenic acid, you're gonna be left looking like a zombie with raccoon eyes. Take your time to appreciate them and do some more research so you can give them the respect they deserve.