Flushing with fruit juice

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by deman81k, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I have been instructed to flush with concentrated grape juice added to my res to increase the aroma of the buds. (this is from a guy growing the same strain as me with a much greater smell when finished) Anyone else heard of this or tried it?

2. I'll take "Overly Started Threads" for $500 please Alex

3. Rubbish...!!! you may see it as grape juice, but the plants will see it as an exotic acid, and reply accordingly...!

at best you may spray juice lightly on the drying buds for much the same effect.

peace
    "V"

4. ^ wtf why would you want to add a smell that isnt natural or a taste that isnt naturally occuring withing itself?

5. [quote name='"deman81k"']I have been instructed to flush with concentrated grape juice added to my res to increase the aroma of the buds. (this is from a guy growing the same strain as me with a much greater smell when finished) Anyone else heard of this or tried it?[/quote]

No idea man but dont listen to this "V" guy above me you dont want sugar juice on your buds

6. Grow organic. You won't have to worry about flushing.

My last harvest has dried and is just now starting cure. It already tastes like Jesus and Mohammed played soggy cracker in my mouth ;)

This should not be in advanced, IMO.

7. If pouring fruit juice in your soil could make your buds taste fruity, then my buds would taste like bat shit and kelp.

8. wait a minute, i thought you harvest like 5 pounds a month...every month...?

why not just try it on a few sample plants, or hell, just one plant, and then *you* can tell *us* whether it works or not?

this should be extremely easy to test if you are really pulling that many plants and weight....

9. #9 pointswest, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    Just another stupid idea by new growers. Plants will not take up the flavor of juices or molasses added to the soil. This is nothing but beginner ignorance that the flavor is transferred to the flowers. Grow a healthy plant and harvest and cure properly for the best available taste and potency. Don't waste your time on these ridiculous incorrect theories for color and flavor enhancement. The best smoking flowers have nothing added to make the real taste of the genetics the unique and different flavors that are produced. Do not listen to advice given by these inexperienced, unknowing beginners.

This should not be in advanced, IMO. I agree totally with this poster.

PW

10. FTW!

HAHAHAHA.. shit man.. had a good laugh when I saw that..

That's probably the best way to explain this topic to a n00b. haha

11. Lol, This thread just reminded me to go water my apple tree with some peach juice and cinnamon sticks.

The apples taste like little pies afterwards >.>

12. You think if I give my broccoli plants some velveeta they'll taste like broccoli and cheese brah?

13. #13 DieselDaddy, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    I think you guys are thinking about it the wrong way. most of the bud enhancers that people buy have sugars put in it that the plant uses.. This myth has been around for years and i think there is def some truth behind it, Just my opinion.. ( not saying it will taste like grape, but rather be more pungent.)

14. Lol. Even the different flavored Sweet from botanicare doesn't change a damn thing on the finished product in my experience. The sweet is awesome, but the flavors don't matter.

As far as enhancers having sugar in them, its not cheap ass refined white sugar that's in junk food at the dollar store. Sugars can be vastly different from what we use to make our food sweet. Something like Sweet that is a sugary enhancer actually has a lot more going on than just sugar too, like 2% sulfer and 1.5% magnesium.

Even if the juice had some amount of viable usable shafts that the plant could utilize for a surge, you would want to give it to it towards the end, but not in the final flush. Putting a large amount of stuff the plant can utilize in the final flush is directly against the point of flushing.

15. All those "enhancers/flavor boosters" contain one active ingredient: molasses. The sugars in the molasses feed the microbes in the soil, and contain some nutrients (that's the 2% sulfur and 1.5% Mg that you are talking about MfBaker) and carbohydrates that can be utilized by the plant. Molasses does not make your buds sweeter/more flavorful etc. because it's sweet, but rather because the nutrients and carbohydrates in molasses give the plant and the soil microbes a boost, thus giving your plant that extra boost that it needs. With ideal environmental conditions and a good, balanced soil, adding molasses (or a "booster") would have very little effect on the finished product.

What I'm saying is that adding fruit juice to your soil may provide some carbohydrates that can be utilized by the plant and soil life (depending on the types of carbohydrates in the juice), but it will not make your buds taste fruity. The only benefit of the grape juice would be some sugars, and you'd get more of those, plus some nutritional value, by using molasses. Proper curing will have a far greater effect on aroma than anything you add while the plant is growing.

16. I bet OP got this "valuable" info from TheGodBodyStyle on youtube. The same guy that dries his bud in fruity pebbles cereal. :laughing:

17. kush, don't listen to anyone who tells you to dry your bud in fruity pebbles-what a moron! Those in the know only dry in Cap'n Crunch or Lucky Charms. Cocoa Pebbles to enhance chocolatey aroma-flush with chocolate milk to intensify the effect.;)

18. I flushed with tobasco sauce once. Thems were some spicy meata-balls lol.

19. [quote name='"InTheGarden"']If pouring fruit juice in your soil could make your buds taste fruity, then my buds would taste like bat shit and kelp.[/quote]

Lmao great way to put it