Flushing ... What ph do I use?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by t33to, Jun 1, 2009.

1. I'm doing a medium sized dwc grow. Just curious what the PH should be at when flushing. There isnt any nutrients in the water so does it matter what the PH is? It's at 6.5 right now.

2. it should be around 5.7 to 6.0...i'm pretty sure.

3. whatever you normally keep it at

4. I was thinking that would probably what to do. But I want to know why.

The lower ph is to help the plant absorb various nutrients. I no longer want it to be absorb anything but water. I want it to burn it's nutrient stores inside the plant now to flush it out.

5. i think the ph adjustment is more for the roots, so they can uptake water. But i understand your thought process....of why?

maybe it would stress the roots if the water/nute mix was at 5.7 all grow then get just water and it's 7.0 or something.

imho, i dont think ph is really that much of an issue. i use 5gal dwc and i adjust my ph when i top the buckets up, every 3-5 days but i dont even look at the ph between watering....on watering days the ph is 6.8 or so but the plant is still growing and lush as ever. So i top up the buckets and re-adjust the ph to 5.5-5.7....meh

6. I hear ya buddy. Whilst a lower ph is required for DWC I think as long as it swings between 5.5 and 6.8ish it's all good. At different PH levels the roots are able to absorb different nutrients in the water in different quantities. So the swing is healthy in my opinion.